Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What are some youtube channels you guys follow

2»

Comments

• Here's one for you JR, the Whiskey Vault.  "In the Whisk(e)y Vault, you'll find shenanigans, ass-hattery, and whisk(e)y reviews - in that order."  Seems like a perfect match.   :)
    jr@mac
  • Considering the latest temps we all have been experiencing this one is fitting.  I find him entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq3CjAhR9foEpCXj88sMAKQ

Check out his LUAZ vids , cool little vehicle with portal axles and a hand crank to boot! 

• Another couple song's from a great band for a Sunday afternoon:

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Decent cover , thought it sounded familiar via ye old clapton version that Im familiar with 
  • Another Sunday, another couple great performances :)

• jr@mac said:
    Lazy Game Review
    I love his old school builds!
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • JasonP said:
    The only thing I've been following lately is The Hot Ones on First We Feast, YMMV: https://www.youtube.com/user/FirstWeFeast
    Sean Evans is def one of the best interviewers on the internet.
  • I don't really go to youtube for music much anymore, but as far as a channel I frequent daily - 

Rhett & Link! Good mythical Morning and Good Mythical More and various other crew/bts-related channels. The main show has been going for 8+ years, 15 seasons, they have 2 seasons of a show on YT premium/red or w/e they're calling it now. Two dads/husbands from Buie's Creek, NC that started by making goofy local business commercials and progressed to a very legitimate, fully crewed daily TV show in LA. They're very positive about everything, for the most part they keep their political and religious beliefs out of the show, so it's a bit of brain-bleach from the BS in the news constantly. You can also find their music on Spotify.

If you're into metal covers, check out Leo on his channel, Frog Leap Studios, he covers everything from old school hip hop, to the Space Jam theme song (the anthem of my generation). He's on Spotify, too.

I'm a bit of a computer nerd, I watch Jayztwocents he's a no-bs kinda guy, he almost lost Nvidia sponsorship for calling them out on BS on more than one occasion. Paul's Hardware, formerly of Newegg's tech talk show, he does a monthly realistic system build and benchmarks it with various games, all around very knowledgeable guy. For case reviews I go with Dmitri at HardwareCanucks, he's always nitpicking everything, if he doesn't, it's probably the best case out there, lol. Linus Tech Tips is great for noobies to the hobby for sure, but he's annoying to most veteran nerds.

Finally, I'll second JP and JR's First We Feast / Hot ones with Sean Evans, amazing interviewer and also a hoodie lover, and Lazy Gamer Reviews, I love watching his old school computer builds and benchmarks.
  • edited February 2019
    dcibel said:
    Another Sunday, another couple great performances :)

Nice choice on the Gary Clark, Jr. I gotta believe this guy's best work is still ahead of him. I see we may find out soon, since he has a new release due 2/22/19. Word is he's best on the live stage, and he'll be around the Midwest in August.

• edited February 2019
    Sunday comes early this week...It's supposed to be a long weekend but I am heading to Vancouver Sunday afternoon to help out the team there. Fun times...

Here's some music, a good band to check out for fans of Gary Clark Jr. and/or Tedeschi Trucks Band :)

And some Steve Earl, because why not?

• Electroboom, Gamers nexus, Smarter everyday, Skallagrim, Because Science, SciShow, Ishitani furniture, Food wishes and Veritasium are some.
  • I like Mr Carlsons lab.   I've been watching his videos for several years, and I really learn a lot about old vacuum tube electronics by watching his restoration projects.  If you are into restoration of old, vintage tube radios and test gear, this channel, I think, is the best:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCarlsonsLab

jhollanderkennyk
  • Another one that I liked to watch (before it was discontinued), was Home Theater Geeks with Scott Wilkinson.  Most of these are video related, but many involve audio and high end loudspeaker design.  For example, he interviewed Kevin Voecks, Paul Barton, Bob Carver, Nelson Pass, Andrew Jones, and Keith Yates several times.  Lots of good technical information about speaker building.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Home+Theater+Geeks

• Happy 420 ;)

jr@mac
  • This is a good woodworking channel:

jr@mac
  • Banjo moment ;)

• Hugh Laurie is an amazing musician:

S7910
  • edited May 2019
    This video doesn't focus so much on the specific pair of speakers that were built, but some of the technical aspects of their construction.

I'm not too sure about the anechoic chamber to measure some tube things, but his methods for comparing different cabinet materials have given me some ideas. He's using an elaborate setup involving an accelerometer and a scope set to trigger a record on the input peak, but I think that similar comparisons could be made with just the measurement mic I already have, either by simply close mic on the board, or rigging up something like a stethoscope to the mic that can be picked up at auto shops. Simply record the audio input from the mic and make comparisons that way. The rock on a string is good to produce the same force applied to comparative tests. I think I might try something like this in the near future, I've always wanted to see how well some various inexpensive and easily obtained hardware store materials could stack up as constraining layers, like silicone caulking or green glue.

JasonP
  • edited May 2019
    Unfortunately this video is mostly about PCB manufacturing, but you get so see some nice cabinet construction at the end:

• This might not be to everyone here's taste in music, but she's got a hell of a voice.

• Metal isn't usually my thing but these guys have a good sound and a fun band name :)

• Then there are these guys.

• Not a bad video on how to apply veneer, I think. I'm thinking I might finally actually do a real wood veneer on my next project.

• My favs:
    Cheap Bourbons:
    Wild Turkey 101
    Buffalo Trace
    Elijah Craig
    Knob Creek

Best Bang for the buck:
    Four Roses Small Batch
    Basil Hayden's

Top Drawer:
    Four Roses Single Barrel
    Bookers
    Evan Williams Single Barrel

I did not like Mitchner's Small batch, to me it tasted like cheap stuff, but cost top dollar.

Not bourbon but I also like the Jack Daniels No.4 and No. 5, very good for the price.
  • That's a good list.  Bang for the buck, I'd add Evan Williams bottled in bond. Opening some Eagle Rare 10 year tonight. 
    dcibel
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • dcibel said:
    This might not be to everyone here's taste in music, but she's got a hell of a voice.

I like her voice.  Funny looking guitar paint job but she and everyone on stage has real talent, unlike the super BM half time show.  Two pole dancers lip sync'n their worn out "hits".  JMHO of course.
    dcibel