Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• Which bc is the same as an nd? 
    nd20fb and nd16fa are both in stock and under budget. A lot of the tweeters you guys mentioned are either out of stock, >$20, or both. Guess a lot of PE's drivers were made in Wuhan. 
    Another problem, not enough ply or mdf laying around the house and not sure how to get any.      

• Looks like PE posted measurements of the SS/Vifa and MB buyouts.
    dcibel
    I have a signature.
  • Kornbread said:

What about the ptmini6 ribbon 275-083? 
    And yea, I've experienced PE's throw it in a box and ship it krap.        

I used the ptmini6 in a small 3-way and liked it. I gifted the speakers to a friend and they were showing some signs of heat damage the last time I saw them. I think she likes it loud. As I recall some at DIY Iowa liked the highs too.
    Ron
    kenrhodes
  • @Ron_E ; crossed around 5k?
  • I don't think so. The domes look different, and the ND25 does not sound very okay to me.
  • Today's DOTD is another flashlight lol.
    joeybutts
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Today's DOTD is another flashlight lol.
    Doh, I just ordered another dozen. You mean to tell me pandemics don't threaten to take down the power grid? :s

jr@mac
  • Kornbread said:
    @Ron_E ; crossed around 5k?
    Yep - 24db/oct @ 5K.
  • I love the B-52s! I got the whole shack shimmies!
    ScottS
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • If you build something that makes full use of that port, the whole shack will shimmy.
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • It's like they are not even trying these days. A half price buyout port tube? 
    I have a signature.
  • They're probably running out of Chinese products to sell.  Just look at now much stuff is out of stock. 
  • That's very likely. 
    I have a signature.
  • Good point.
  • Tymphany NE265-04 $99.98
    6thplanetdynamoThumperTom
  • Tymphany NE265-04 $99.98

If my wife wouldn’t murder me over it I’d have a pair of these on the way in a heartbeat! 
  • Oh crap, that's my kind of discount on a top driver.
    Very nice high Qms also!
    What is the implication of Qts at .29? Needs a larger box to reach low?
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Gotta go out in the shed and work on something, otherwise I might accidentally hit the buy button.   
    PWRRYDdynamorjj45
  • FWIW I won a pair of its little brother the NE225W-04 at SDDIY.  They are wonderful sounding woofers in a 3 way.  Impedance drops pretty low but nothing my amps can't handle.  If you've got the need, and the funds, I'd say go for it.  That's a heck of a deal.  They should throw in a free flashlight too ;)
    dynamorjj45jholtz
  • JR was saying something about them being a better woofer than subwoofer.  How do they compare to the rs225?
  • No comparison in my experience.  You can crank them and they just don't fall apart.  They could even cross high enough for a two way with a robust tweeter in a wave guide.  I think that's what Pete and Ryan (Vapor) used in the first version of the Breeze.
  • Got to hold back the urge.  
  • Why do they drop these NE series drivers so low?!  I still have a pair of the 12s unopened from the last time they did this!!!  
  • DanP said:
    Why do they drop these NE series drivers so low?!  I still have a pair of the 12s unopened from the last time they did this!!!  
    I figure that SB is kicking everyone's butt, and Vifa is now closing out that line in preparation for a new line to compete with the Satoris.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • The Aurora is the Vapor model with the 225 as a 2-way.
  • rjj45 said:
    DanP said:
    Why do they drop these NE series drivers so low?!  I still have a pair of the 12s unopened from the last time they did this!!!  
    I figure that SB is kicking everyone's butt, and Vifa is now closing out that line in preparation for a new line to compete with the Satoris.
    At the usual rate, i would get the Satori WOP instead of the 8" or the 10" vifa NE. but at this discounted price... 
  • Wolf said:
    The Aurora is the Vapor model with the 225 as a 2-way.
    Ah that's right, the Aurora.  I thought they sounded great at DIY Chicago.  Probably my favorite speaker at that event.