Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sales, deals, and steals - formerly known as the "PE DOTD" thread.

Comments

• @tomzarbo said:

...But I'm on my phone looking at a product and I can neither access reviews nor read any questions about the product I'm looking at. I know that things that are different are sometimes difficult to adjust to, but I'm not sure this is better on a mobile device than the old version.
    Hate to complain, but they asked for input, then locked the thread where we could give it. Maybe they're having a harder time working bugs out than it would seem. I wish PE the best getting this resolved though.
    TomZ

Yeah, saw the thread asking for feedback, and didn't even bother with it. I remember the last big web change. Strange, they don't want to actually solve any problems. Some honcho just wants to see a lot of "wow, it's great!" comments. Some things never change!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Yeah, I like to piss n moan about PE, their website, and tech talk... but I still buy more speaker stuff from PE than anywhere else ;)

On another note: I sure wish they still bought pallet loads of buyout drivers and sold them to us for $4 - $10 like they use to. Remember those Klipsch aluminum 6.5's, Audax/Max Fidelity paper 5.25's, Atlantic Tech 1" soft domes, blue Bravox woofers, etc. Ah, those were the days =)

• @PWRRYD said:
    Yeah, I like to piss n moan about PE, their website, and tech talk... but I still buy more speaker stuff from PE than anywhere else ;)

On another note: I sure wish they still bought pallet loads of buyout drivers and sold them to us for $4 - $10 like they use to. Remember those Klipsch aluminum 6.5's, Audax/Max Fidelity paper 5.25's, Atlantic Tech 1" soft domes, blue Bravox woofers, etc. Ah, those were the days =)

Agree 100%. Yeah, some real bargains in those pallet loads.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @PWRRYD said:

I've noticed those amazing finds are just not around much these days. They had some old Peerless, but the prices were not great. And they don't seem to include as many brands in the monthly (now bi-monthly?) sales flyers. Mostly Dayton & Goldwood in the last few issues.

• I think a couple of the rounds of amazing buyouts were largely due to economic crashes. We may see another round of good stuff in the coming year due to similar circumstances.

I really hate the new site - previously you could click on "whats new" and there were quick categories at the top of the page, such as "Speaker Components". There is no quick link (that I could find) to take you to the buyouts, either. Really, really, low on the usability scale.

Since they blocked feedback (since it was 90% negative I am sure, and likely old man Stahl locked it before throwing another temper tantrum), I really don't know how much I will be buying from PE any longer. Too painful to navigate, search is still shit.

rjj45kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • The new site - yeah! I tried to look up a .33uh coil this morning. I HATE those stupid new slider things. I just ended up searching for it.

• Please delete if this is against forum rules, but I thought a pair of BMS 4550 for $120 was a good deal. (Not my listing)
    https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/368394-3-pairs-6-bms-4550-1-professional-compression-drivers.html

• We have very few rules here, so if it gets someone a sale so they can buy more shit they will sell at a discount in the future* - post away.

*Not that I know anything about that...

e6zion
    I have a signature.
  • Finally a decent DOTD at PE today. Peerless 830990.

• I'll bet it will light up if one puts enough current through it.

PWRRYDTurn2Wolf
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Le sigh, a flashlight today.

Turn2
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Le sigh, a flashlight today.

Yuuck. 50 Lumens is crap!

jr@mac
  • Yup, no snipe hunting with that....

jr@macrjj45
  • how do you even find the deal of the day?

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Does it matter?

• Yes, sometimes it does...

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Sorry, I haven't had much love for PE lately and their site has taken all the joy out of shopping at PE. I am also spoiled, I can go see Meniscus on my lunch break.

• I have not even perused PE's site since the change, and I had a list waiting to hit 'buy'. POOF! gone.

• @Wolf said:
    I have not even perused PE's site since the change, and I had a list waiting to hit 'buy'. POOF! gone.

Yep, not a fan of the new site. Wonder if their sales show the love?

• PETT traffic is way way down. Remember the days when threads would scroll off page 1 in 4-5 hours? Now the 1st page shows threads from 3 days ago. We tried to warn them, but they've got a peculiar problem with any web design feedback. Life goes on!

• @rjj45 said:
    PETT traffic is way way down. Remember the days when threads would scroll off page 1 in 4-5 hours? Now the 1st page shows threads from 3 days ago. We tried to warn them, but they've got a peculiar problem with any web design feedback. Life goes on!

They will either wise up and make the needed changes, or go the way of the Dodo. Don't recall ordering a single thing since they messed up their site.

rjj45
  • @jhollander said:
    how do you even find the deal of the day?

It's now called the "Daily Deal" and it's in a teal colored banner about a 1/3 of the way down on the front page.

• I still buy from them, don't see what the big fuss is about. Things change.

• Well, they do (still) have one of the slowest servers in the Midwest. I think the business model has changed in the past 10 years. That they highlighted a speaker design using an off-the-shelf crossover in a last sales flyer tells me a lot.

• Speaking of off the shelf crossovers...

rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • edited March 2021

@jr@mac said:
    Speaking of off the shelf crossovers...

...and OFFER EXPIRED before 8:30 AM. But when you go to the product page there are 142 in stock still listed at the special price. WTF?!?

jr@mac
  • They're just F'in with us now.

• I think so, Tom.

I have a signature.
  • edited March 2021

Dotd. Might work open baffle. Or for pro use. Models well in a isobaric 10cf box tuned to 20 hz. (But at that point there are better choices.)
    https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-FSL-1830R06-08-18-Professional-Paper-Cone-Subwoofer-8-Ohm-264-1482

• Hey John Hollander, how does that 264-1482 model in ABCDipole on a 24" wide flat baffle?