Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ohm Walsh 2

Life never ceases to surprise these days!
I dated a woman who is a professional harp player, and sent her a picture of my current 3 way speakers.
She responded back with a picture of some small towers. Wow, they looked special.

Yep Ohm Walsh 2

Port on the bottom, along with contour switches for tweeter and woofer levels

Something funny going on under the metal mesh up top:

Listening impressions:
I can't say that the heavens opened, but they were very listenable, with a wide sweet spot.
Not true omnis, from what I've read.
The woman said that several contractors who had been in her house all wanted to buy them!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
Tagged:
kenrhodesBilletugly_woofer

Comments

• Where are you finding your women ?

• @Nicholas_23 said:
    Where are you finding your women ?

Well... I can't speak for Don, but my life has taken an interesting path lately. No speaker revelations, though...

I have a signature.
  • edited June 2021

@Nicholas_23 said:
    Where are you finding your women ?

Oh man, you don't want to know! Lots of scammers out there.
    I don't mean scurvy women, I mean Russian teams of scammers. Sheesh.
    Still, I feel that if I keep at it, sooner or later I'll meet a woman who has some Wilson
    speakers that she wants to get rid of because they are too big.
    =) :o B)

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • a little 'quid pro quo' ?

rjj45
  • Leo Frank had a pair of those Ohm top-hats, and re-enclosed them as the cabs were shot. I thought they sounded quite good too!
    Apparently there is a tweeter in there firing forward, but the mids are upfiring.

• @Wolf said:
    Leo Frank had a pair of those Ohm top-hats, and re-enclosed them as the cabs were shot. I thought they sounded quite good too!
    Apparently there is a tweeter in there firing forward, but the mids are upfiring.

Yeah, Googling it shows a couple of threads where guys report different sound depending on where the tweeter is firing.

One of the surprises was that the cabs were finished in fumed oak veneer, just like the Allisons I'd seen a few months ago.