Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Mid/Woofer 1st attempt

2»

Comments

• After machining 8 different plugs this is what I ended with. Lol. 
    JasonPS79106thplanet
  • Modifying some coils for my Iowa build.
  • Hand stitched my leads down and dab of rubber glue.
    PWRRYDS79106thplanetkennyk
  • I built a set of poly cones and a set of paper cones. I have around $30 a pc. Into them.
    D1PP1NS7910kennyk
  • $30 for all parts? That's fantastic. Went with the dust cap instead of the "phase plug"?
  • Are those 8"s?
  • PWRRYD said:
    Are those 8"s?
    Yes.
  • 6thplanet said:
    $30 for all parts? That's fantastic. Went with the dust cap instead of the "phase plug"?
    Motors were free. Repurposed car audio motors. Phase plug didn’t make a huge difference with type of cone that are available to me. But I’m not throwing out the idea yet.
  • Some more speaker building crap. I’m pretty excited about this one tho. Different motor, new basket and twice as light V.C. Made my own copper cap on the lathe.
    jr@macdcibelJasonPSilver1omoD1PP1Nkennyk
  • Finish 8” mounted in baffle for some quick measurements Different basket (shallower for shorter VC) motor from a GRS 10”. Freeair. Black line is a Faital Pro 8FE200-8
     Blue line is mine.Freeair Distortion at lower volume 20” awayWoofer 1Woofer 2
     I built these for a OB project I’m working on. The 500-1k  hump might need some love but I’m finely get somewhere.
    6thplanetjr@macS7910JasonPaniketkennyk