School is winding down allowing time to work on ideas for all the drivers accumulated thru the past few years.
Yea, I know, most of you guys here are versed enough in crossover topology not to need a layman's guide 101, but I do.
- When to use rcl in series both before and after
- When to use them in parallel legs
- They're variations of both rcl networks, what are they used for?
- How to attenuate in band anomalies
- How to attenuate out of band anomalies so the handoff is smoother.
- How to widen or narrow the attenuation band
Been playing around with xsim and pcd for some time and if the drivers are easy to work with things are fine, but a hiccup here or there and I'm in trouble. Found a few answers by experimenting, but more often than not the sheer number of possible combinations do more to confuse than enlighten.
First things first. I have a knee in both a woofer (~3.5k) and tweeter (1.8k) slope that lies ~8-12db below reference that I would like to clean-up. Where do I start?
I know you guys have your own slang for what is what so you may have to explain it a couple times ... or write really slow.
There are many more combinations than this (pcd), but for easy reference: