Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

BoZhen CQ76 Ribbon Tweeters

Comments

• How much you asking? I'm interested.
  • That's a properly impressive ribbon!
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Mmmmmmmmm
    I have a signature.
  • Those are frickin nifty!!!
  • Shhhhh...   Don't let Craig find out.   =)
    PWRRYD
  • edited September 2019
    Shhhhh...   Don't let Craig find out.   =)
    You can't keep good news silent. :)
    I'd like to get 4 beans for the pair.

• I got one more pair for sale.
  • Help me out. What is 4 beans in money? :)
  • Thanks Wolf! That's what I thought but wanted verification.

For what its worth, Curt did the development work on the speaker these were used in and brought them to Dakota DIY and I think Iowa too. They are VERY nice ribbons and measure extremely well. Yes they will cross low too.

I'm winding down a bit in building or I'd be all over them.

Jim
  • edited September 2019
    jholtz said:
    Thanks Wolf! That's what I thought but wanted verification.

For what its worth, Curt did the development work on the speaker these were used in and brought them to Dakota DIY and I think Iowa too. They are VERY nice ribbons and measure extremely well. Yes they will cross low too.

I'm winding down a bit in building or I'd be all over them.

Jim
    That's right Jim. They absolutely can cross low for a ribbon and sound amazing. I snagged 4 pairs in fear that the price would skyrocket when people found out about them. Just one pair left. I think for anyone who appreciates a stellar ribbon, these would be the cat's meow.
    I too am winding down. It's an age thing. :)

Cheers
  • How low is low?

• I forget where Curt crossed them but it was in the low 2K area. I think you heard them at Dakota DIY, if I remember correctly.

Jim

• jholtz said:

I forget where Curt crossed them but it was in the low 2K area. I think you heard them at Dakota DIY, if I remember correctly.

Jim

yes, i did hear them with the lovely honey combed yellow rival woofers... but was wondering how low they can be pushed...
  • RAD was going to carry these because of their uniqueness. But, I didn't think peeps would accept the price point. I was assured by the engineer that these can perform down to 1.6 kHz. He was adamant about it.
    • Reliably crossover @ 1500Hz
    • Sensitivity: 91dB @ 1 W / 1 m
    • THD: 1500Hz~15000Hz < 1%
    • Rated power: 25VA
      (1500~15000Hz sine wave 3-minutes test)
    6thplanetani_101
  • Just found out that my brother will be selling his BoZhen CQ76 Ribbon Tweeters. He wants $300 for the pair.