Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

rs225p vs rss210hf as a woofer

2»

Comments

• Plus they have 7.5mm of VC overhang. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Plus they have 7.5mm of VC overhang. 
    Yes, and the quality of the frames, cones, glue joints, etc are equal to or better than the Daytons.
  • Yeah, even at regular price they are a pretty good deal. The sale price of a little over $26 was a steal.

Javad did a design with them at some point, IIRC.
    I have a signature.
  • I second that suggestion, those MCM select drivers look every bit as good as the 225p if not better from the distortion measurements that were posted here previously. 

I would also expect the SB23NAC/CAC to be better than the equivalent RS225, if the Satori is too dear. 

Personally, I have decided to err on the side of displacement in my new 3 way. After agonizing over dual 8s, the satori 9.5, or 10" drivers.... the sale price on the RS315HF pushed me in that direction. It may not make for a svelte speaker, but after testing with the 12" peerless SLS, I have developed a real taste for the effortless way a big woofer handles the midbass. If anyone is interested I will start a thread, right now struggling to make progress on these and my Fenrirs hobbling around with a broken toe. 

• edited December 2019
    PWRRYD,
    nice looking 8 in woofer, specs, cast frame, and price- what's not to like...
    I've actually been looking at 8 in woofers, w/o jumping to a sub, this one has low Fs, good Xmax 
    thx!  this is a solid find
  • Dang, the rss265 are on sale.  Better sensitivity than the rss210, more sd, more xmax, more, more, more. 
    Quad of the rss265ho and ne149 (been wanting to try an ne), and what for the tweet?  Doable? 
    Bad timing, probably going to be out of work pretty soon due to this virus but hey, maybe cannon fodder for a future wmtmw to replace the naks and pi$$ off the neighbors even more.      
  • I tested a bunch of 4 inch midranges last year, and the NE123 was the best (that I had on hand). i have no doubt that the NE149 is darn good. 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • If you want sensitivity, the DVC RSS265 is a contender...