Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

which neo magnets for grills?

Thinking about making grills for a future build, and there is a vast number of form factor choices for neo magnets.
Any particular diameters/thicknesses that work well?
Also, is there any particular glue/epoxy that keeps 'em in, say BB or solid wood?
I would imagine that if I veneer the baffle, I'd want to put the magnets under the veneer, not sure it would look acceptable
if I used them on a solid wood baffle.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2019
    I've used both of the smaller round ones, but the slightly larger  (~ 1/4 in, sorry I dont have the container that you see at Home Depot) can work in combo with a flat head screw (for smaller grills).  I haven't veneered over them, for a larger grill I did use the black roll-on texture paint and small magnets on the grill (and wrapped the grill cloth over the frame an magnets- these things are strong.  For smaller grills I've just used the magnets on the grills and put a flat head screw into the speaker and painted over.

Also, I find a drill bit size that makes the fit very tight (need to put a piece of wood over magnet and tap down with a hammer).  I've just used a clear cement type of glue, the combo has been good.
    rjj45