Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

LD22 aluminum faceplate upgrade

Good news for LD22 fans - we've upgraded the polymer faceplate to CNCed aluminum with integral gasket and they look/feel great.  Dimensions and performance are identical to the polymer version, so they are complete drop in replacements.  There's a price bump involved with this upgrade, but we feel that it's well worth the improved quality.  As a side bonus, we're clearing out the polymer version for $45 shipped each on our website.  Pics of the aluminum version below.

jhollanderdcibelPWRRYDjoeybuttsbrek81GowaThumperTom

Comments

• Hey gang, just got a ld22 from PE and they only had one in stock, 99% sure its polymer, will my backordered be polymer or aluminium?  
  • That's kinda funny.  Not sure what would have happened if you hadn't mentioned something here because we were just working with PE to get the new aluminum faceplate drivers over to them.  The one you got is definitely polymer.  We can send PE a single polymer driver with the new batch, but it's kind of a big machine to try to route a one-off through them to you in the midst of a product change.  It may be easier to just cancel the back order and get one from us.  

Dan
    joeybuttsjhollander
  • Thanks Dan.  Will see about cancelling the backorder.
  • I really didn't need more drivers (preaching to the choir)
  • I better buy a set of polymer one before there gone. Aluminum doesn’t cut as easy.
  • edited February 2020
    Thanks guys! Snagged a pair. Qty 14 left as of 7am EST. 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • The small form factor and XO close to 2k and great sound makes it a real easy to use tweeter...! Still have a spare pair!
  • But the Alu face plate makes it look classy....
    NavyGuy
  • I just ordered a pair of the poly frame.
  • I just ordered a pair.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them but that price was just too good to pass up.

Ron
  • Received my pair a few days ago. I"m sure these will kick some butt, and I appreciate the eco-friendly cardboard packaging. Very glad you guys are having some success with the new CSS.
    DanP
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!