Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Peerless by Tymphany DA25BG08-08

For those who have experience with it, is this tweeter any good?

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Used it in the axp-06 build, which is another unfinished 3-way (just ordered some inductors for it) project so all listening was done with either the 2x4minidsp or dsp408 and active.  What little I've worked with the new rst28a and after using/listening to the xt25tg for quite some time in several projects; the da25bg is a bit less refined in the lower treble than the rst28a but reaches much higher in freq than the rst28a.  The top end does not sign off like the rst28a, which, in my opinion, lacks air.  Although the da25 doesn't sign off on top, the top end is not as refined as the xt25tg, nor is the rst28a simply because the rst has no top, but the xt25tg doesn't have the clarity in the lower treble as either of the other tweeters.  I've beat on the da25bg and I'd say they are a very robust tweeter capable of sustained high spl and crossing over fairly low.  Impressions could change with a real crossover and no golden ears here so this is just my $.02.   
  • Answer ✓
    I bet it is pretty good.  I only have experience with its brother, the DA25BG08-06.  It was very easy to work with and sounded way nicer than its price.  Those two tweeters have very similar shaped frequency response and impedance curves (obviously different sensitivity and Re, but pretty close Fs and Q).  I would definitely use it if I didn't have to buy 1000 pieces MOQ.
  • Answer ✓
    My bad.  Craig made me look.  I used the da25bg08-6 not the -08. 
  • Answer ✓
    I’m doing a poor mans Hifi monitor with the DA25BG08-06 and the 6.5” aluminum HDS right now. I’m looking forward to the results. The tweeter looks very nice for the money.
    dcibel
  • Answer ✓
    The 08-06 sounds great in Chuck's 'Misfits', my 'Zingers', and others- and it's CHEAP!

Answers

• I have four of them, I believe. Bought when they were flash sale or some shit for $13. Some consistency issues, but seem to be decent build quality otherwise. If I find them, I'll likely post then for sale. 
    I have a signature.