Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Do we know of any sources of flat packs?

It seems like Parts Express has seriously scaled their selection of flat packs down to only a few models.  Having built my last few DIY pairs of speakers with baltic birch and spending literally days on each one I weary of creating the flat packs.  What good sources do we have out there?  I see speakerhardware.com has a few (including the BMR!) but a minimal selection.  Seems like the ability to get easy enclosures for projects is drying up.  I'd kind of like to do a Continuum build in memory of Jeff but that asks for a 8" baffle and the two that remain on PE that even come close to the proper size are 8.5".  Any thoughts or sources?  Diysoundgroup sells flat packs for their speakers but I don't think they sell just straight up flat packs.  

Answers

• Was CSS doing flat pacs? 
  • All that I saw on their site were flat packs for subwoofers.  There were a few kit speakers that were bookshelf speakers but it didn't look like they sold the flat packs separately and their MT kits had respective baffles of 6.5 and 8.5 inches, none of them were the 8 inches recommended for the Continuum. 
  • I think RAD will be offering flat packs soon. Contact them to see when.
  • Who is RAD?  Pardon my ignorance ;)
  • I shot them an inquiry I will share what I find out.

• I think they will be offering the Safiniea 2 Way Speaker Kit by Chuck Morris
  • We offered blank flatpacks for a while at CSS, but they didn't see much action so we took them down.  If the P215, Criton 1TD or Criton 2TD cabinet sizes work for anyone, feel free to shoot us an email at info@css-audio.com.  I think we probably still have some blank baffles that we could sub in for the cut ones.  In general, MAC/DIY guys get special treatment, so don't hesitate to reach out if you've got a special request.
    joeybuttsGowajr@mac
  • Thanks Dan that really helps!  If I encounter something that fits the size parameters that the P15 or Criton's match up to I'll absolutely inquire, I really appreciate it.  Right now I have some kind of weird baffle requirements (8") that I'm trying to fulfill.