Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Crap ton of stuff....

Comments

• I'm new to the concept of bluetooth radios so pardon me if this is a dumb question but do all of the designs require that they are plugged in or do some of them have battery power?

Thanks!

John
  • I'm new to the concept of bluetooth radios so pardon me if this is a dumb question but do all of the designs require that they are plugged in or do some of them have battery power?

Thanks!

John
    Depends on how you do it, but you can do either or both.  All mine are battery powered with plug in recharge/continuous play capability.
  • Okay, and there are volume controls somewhere on them.  Yeah, I was asking specifically about yours out of ignorance.  All of the premade kits online are sold out and I was showing your designs to my son for 'poolside' use.  
  • I'd like a tiny digital add-on FM radio. Any ideas? I just completed my first one, and this is my only gripe.
  • Okay, and there are volume controls somewhere on them.  Yeah, I was asking specifically about yours out of ignorance.  All of the premade kits online are sold out and I was showing your designs to my son for 'poolside' use.  
    Some have separate controls, some you just use the source.  Mine, I didn't use the supplemental volume knob, though it could be added.  I built mine with simplicity and aesthetics in mind, not to say performance was disbanded.  
  • Wolf said:
    I'd like a tiny digital add-on FM radio. Any ideas? I just completed my first one, and this is my only gripe.
    Hmm, never looked into this wolf, but most likely due to me just using my phone and using the direct fm channels app or a radio app like radio.com or iheart. Something to consider in the future.....
  • What did you end up building Wolf?
  • Also, for the large speakers, I'm willing to drive about 200 miles to meet/deliver for a much less cost of shipping.
  • Wolf that thing looks awesome and built like a tank!!
  • FOR ALL WHO HAVE PAID, ITEMS GO OUT TODAY.

Thanks so much and any issues pleassssse let me know and we'll work something out.
  • Thanks Joey!
  • Thanks, it was *work* to bend the sheet metal right without a bending brake. I got it done, and done well.
  • PWRRYD said:
    Thanks Joey!
    All the thanks to you.  Info sent.
  • Are you upgrading the HT or just getting rid of everything?
  • NavyGuy said:
    Are you upgrading the HT or just getting rid of everything?
    Upgrade essentially😏😏😏😏
  • ani_101 said:
    I am still scared of gluing hardwood together (even of the same species or pieces from the same board) together for fear of it splitting due to changes in humidity....!
    There's a lot of hardwood furniture in the world that hasn't split. Javad Shadzi and others do a lot of builds with hardwoods. I know there are tricks but I'm sure you could do it.

Ron
  • Hmm... I like hardwood and don't mind the cost, but my build takes such a long time to complete and finish...
    So far I have only been making hardwood baffles and using screws to fatten them so it has a bit of a give. Time to go full wood and fully sealed inside out...
  • Javad does not live in the ultra-humid Midwest though. I think a lot of his hardwood would crack around here unless stabilized with epoxy.
  • epoxy unless polished to a high sheen would not look good on hardwood as it turn white and flacky on sanding...  :/

Don't have much experience with Epoxy.... but i did coat a mdf box in epoxy and got epoxy bumps all over... waiting for the weather to be warmer to sand and then try priming and can spray painting.
  • My experience with the clear West Systems has been great. No flakey cakey whiteness here.
  • I am using west system, but I only sanded to 100 before putting on the second coat. How high do you need sand to before it is acceptable as a top coat? Most videos on youtube goes to a couple of thousand grits before polishing.
  • With the clear, you sand to smooth, I did 400. Then reapply epoxy. Mine is very smooth, glossy, and clear.
    ani_101
  • Hardwood is fine for boxes.  Plywood and epoxy are only recent inventions.  The trick if you want to call it that is to account for the wood movement and avoid any cross grain connections.  You can build a crappy hardwood box that will last 30 years, how long will the drivers last?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • JHollander nailed it. Grain orientation and how you assemble are the important parts no matter what climate you live in. I have a pine box that I made in high school 23 years ago that still tight in all of the joints. hardwoods typically move even less than softwood. 
      Search the internet and you can find expansion tables for wood species. A general rule of thumb, Tight grain dense wood moves less than loose grained light wood. Letting the wood acclimate before use is another great way to limit movement issues.
  • A couple people have been asking on the QSC amps, so prices...
    CX404 - 300+shipping
    CX902 - 300+shipping
    CX1202V - 400+shipping
  • Also-
    Crown Power Base-2. aesthetically in rough shape, appears to function no problem.
    $40+ shipping
  • Denon X4000 AVR for sale
  • Updated.

Remaining:

Amplifier:

DEnon x4000 AVR $400
    SA100 $40
    qsc cx404. $300
    Qsc cx902. $300
    Qsc cx1202v. $400
    Crown power base-2 $40

Drivers:
    Pair HiVi B4N NEW other than testing $15
    Pair IB385-8 NEW other than testing $120

Single 4FE35-4 NEW $10
    Single 830946 $25
    Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.1 (16Ov.2 but before revision) D4 NEW $125
    Single Elemental Designs 16Ov.2 with aesthetically ugly cone D4 $70

SPEAKERS:
    Dayton AMT mini-8/PS95 TABAQ with Sehlin crossover zebrawood baffle finished, rest of cabinet raw ply TESTED $150 shipped

Khanspires TESTED $1000 plus shipping

Dayton RS Center with CJD crossover TESTED $500 plus shipping

MarkK RS225/28A TESTED $500 plus shipping (These weigh 41 lbs each, so packed figure they will be 85-90 lbs in a 24" cube. Quote to California was $200 for packing and shipping) 

HeliumBT radio TESTED $400 plus shipping

BookersBT radio TESTED (based on Tom Z Traveler) $275 plus shipping

Basil Hayden's BT radio TESTED (SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4 drivers) $425 plus shipping

OBO for everything. Please ask any questions and make offers. Pics coming.....
  • FOR SALE 
    six 830869 - five are brand new, one lightly used.
    All six for $325 shipped