Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Arta Instructions for Dummies?

A Quick Start Guide if you will.

I am using Windows 7.0 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo and a calibrated XLR Mic.

All I want to do is make gated/nongated sweeps like I do with REW in dual channel mode and make polar plots.

I can load a mic cal file, but I cannot figure out how to calibrate the sound card.

When I do a sweep, it seems to start at 800Hz for some reason.

The manual is almost 200 pages and covers many things I don't need and will never use.

HELP!

(Why not continue to use REW? I am making an automated turntable to that requires ARTA)

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Here is a quick start guide written by someone. Appears accurate. Charlie Laub also wrote a guide. Trying to find that now.
    Darn it to hell! Can't seem to attach a .docx or .zip file! WTF?
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • www.soundhobby.com has a writeup about how Hong Nguyen uses Arta.
  • Wolf said:
    www.soundhobby.com has a writeup about how Hong Nguyen uses Arta.
    What ever happened to Hong? He’s not on PETT anymore. I’ve been wondering.
  • Good question, really.... I don't know either.
  • I think Hong is in the medical field, so maybe really busy with this corona virus thing.  Or he has just built enough speakers to last himself and all his family and friends a long long time.
  • He was the head of the Nursing dept at the hospital where he worked. Californian, IIRC.
  • Yeah, Los Angeles burb IIRC
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!