Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

How have you set-up your digital files / playback systems?

Anyone using BitPerfect or Audirvana? Or?

Comments

• I use a Synology NAS, and put the files on it. They can then be accessed directly or via any DLNA capable client.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Terramaster NAS pushed with Jriver to OPPO 103.

• Logitech Media Server and picoreplayer.

• I have a Synology NAS that stores all of my media, but I seem to have problems with the proposed solutions of runnning PLEX or LMS on it. Don't know why! For that reason, and for wanting to investigate new DAC chips, looking at possibly buying a low end DAP and plugging that directly into a stereo amp.
    Had some very good results from a PI 4 running Volumio and feeding a Khadas Tone Board DAC. But that sort of broke somehow , and I haven't had a chance to fix it.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Expanding a bit, I have a PC running Fedora and installed LMS, miniDLNA and SAMBA to share all my media files.
    As players I have a couple Raspberry PI running picoreplayer (a tiny core distro with squeezelite) to USB DACs.

LMS has plugins for a lot of streaming services, my wife uses iHeart radio a lot and spotify a bit, both can be streamed to the PIs from the server.

Some time ago I posted this:
    https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/comment/21829
    To setup a PI as both LMS and squeezelite client.

• thx for the info
    DSD preference over PCM ?

• My main system is computer based so all my music files are on it. I also run Plex and stream to Chromecast to the living room system. It's not the best solution since the computer is downstairs. I think there's a phone app for Plex but I haven't bothered to mess with it.

Ron

• @tajanes said:
    thx for the info
    DSD preference over PCM ?

Depends on your chain, native DSD forces full output from the DAC, so you need either a pre or an integrated amp.
    I prefer to have the volume control at the source.

• @Silver1omo said:
    Expanding a bit, I have a PC running Fedora and installed LMS, miniDLNA and SAMBA to share all my media files.
    As players I have a couple Raspberry PI running picoreplayer (a tiny core distro with squeezelite) to USB DACs.

LMS has plugins for a lot of streaming services, my wife uses iHeart radio a lot and spotify a bit, both can be streamed to the PIs from the server.

Dude, I'm going to be hitting you up for some Picoreplayer tips.
    I got it running twice, then for some reason, I couldn't get it running again, so I gave up and installed Volumio.
    But Picoreplayer has a lot to like about it, so I will mess with it again.

thanks!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @rjj45 said:

@Silver1omo said:
    Expanding a bit, I have a PC running Fedora and installed LMS, miniDLNA and SAMBA to share all my media files.

Dude, I'm going to be hitting you up for some Picoreplayer tips.
    I got it running twice, then for some reason, I couldn't get it running again, so I gave up and installed Volumio.
    But Picoreplayer has a lot to like about it, so I will mess with it again.

thanks!

Sure, I can try to help.

rjj45