Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New woofers from MISCO

Has anyone seen the new Bold North Audio 6.5" woofers from MISCO? The BWX-6501 looks great. Klippel verified 10mm xmax.

Comments

• Whoah, very nice pricing all things considered
    https://store.miscospeakers.com/6-5-xbl-2-high-excursion-low-distortion-woofer-82109

Might have to see how these model in the Taiga enclosures.

I have a signature.
  • Yeah I've already been doing some enclosure modeling this morning =)

• Pretty low sensitivity and high fs don't you think?

• Didn't know about this company. Thanks for posting. Woofer looks awesome, like a great alternative to Purifi PTT6.5, but hard for me to believe everything posted when they recommend a 4,024.2 Hz crossover point.

• Looking a little deeper, it appears Xmax is actually 6.0mm (Xc) Klippel verified. Still not bad at all, and the response is fairly linear to 1K, followed by a little dip (surround/suspension related likely) and then a pretty big breakup. Depending on how the distortion profile is, I wouldn't think a 2K crossover is out of the question. The neo motor, the dual shorting rings, and the extended pole piece via the phase plug all point to the claims of ultra low distortion being accurate.

This is overall a pretty decent woofer on paper, maybe I will send them an email to have Vance test it.

I have a signature.
  • Looked at these a few days ago after seeing a post at diyaudio. They do look interesting, but I haven't been able to find the actual Klippel test data (anyone got a link?). I don't think it's a serious contender to the Purifi 6.5, but at the price looks like it could be fun.

• To me, it looks more like the Dayton Esoteric ES180TiA or even the Denovo Anarchy. All in all, I think I would take the Rival R176 or Wavecor WF182 variants over the Misco's, but they are at least in the conversation, which is impressive.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Funny you should say that Scott. JR and I were just talking about these today and I came to the conclusion that I have enough pairs of Rival R176's I will pass on these MISCO woofers.

rjj45
  • They look pretty =)