Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

MiniDSP inverts output polarity with USB input?

edited March 20 in Hard Data

I just find this appalling. Apparently the analog input is faithful, but the USB is not?
​​​​​​​https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/introducing-directiva-an-asr-open-source-platform-speaker-project.20407/page-17#post-715932

I'm obviously not up on the gear as I don't own one, but this would really upset me had I been using one.

Comments

• Seems like an oversight, someone obviously wasn't paying attention.

• edited March 20

2x4HD specifically being discussed here. Can you even use the RCA and USB input simultaneously? I think not. So the entire processing chain is inverted, no different than many amplifiers, so what's the audible error? Oversight maybe, hardly appalling IMO. I would hope that anyone using these products is in combination with acoustic measurements, so just use the invert button in the DSP program as necessary.

At least miniDSP can calculate a text book filter transfer function properly (looking at you, Dayton).

tajanes
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • You can only use one input at a time with the 2x4HD.

Ron