Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Garnica Efficiency Poplar

2»

Comments

• No doubt, was at HD yesterday and shitty 3/4" BC plywood is $70, regular 2x4x8's are $7.50! WTF.

• I just bought CAD$350 of lumber to build a 8x8 shed deck foundation. The local Rona won't let you pick through the plywood anymore to find the best sheets, they say demand is too high if you want it you get the top sheet. At least you can still go through the 2x6 pile and pick out straight ones.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Prices are crazy high here too.

• @dcibel said:
    I just bought CAD$350 of lumber to build a 8x8 shed deck foundation. The local Rona won't let you pick through the plywood anymore to find the best sheets, they say demand is too high if you want it you get the top sheet. At least you can still go through the 2x6 pile and pick out straight ones.

That's why I tend to buy from a local lumber yard, they let me pick my wood <sounds kinky. Oddly enough, for speaker building, I've sometimes found the most interesting wood is what everyone else threw back.
    Housing is still going strong here but give it a little more time and it will be flat.

• I am guessing, broken supply lines from china. Lots of panel goodies are manufactured in Asia and now with covid and trade wars we all will face issues. US customs are on a 2-3 month delay with packages too (which makes no sense at all)