Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (8)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Audible Physics 2.6 Ram component set

I received these in a few days ago. I was asked by a Facebook group, Indiana Sound Quality, to test and evaluate them. And give my feedback on them. When I am finished, ISQ will host a drawing for a lucky member of their board. Note that these are designed with an active car audio build in mind. But being myself, I can't leave well enough alone, I am going to work out a passive home audio design.

The build quality of the drivers is very good, and at the price point ($629.99 for the set thru the US distributor, SLA Acoustics). There is a lot of very thoughtful engineering though. Ample cooling, very closely matched sensitivities, generous overlap in flat freq response, multi hole mounting on the Ram6a woofer. Excellent packaging.

The only caveat I can say so far, is the lack of any literature. But these are not really designed for a beginner either. Still i would appreciate pertinent specs such as the frequency response, T/S parameters, and mounting dimensions. Yes the info is easily accessible on line, but I still prefer paper in hand. I'm just old that way.

T/S parameters will be taken soon and then I will model and build an enclosure and take frequency response measurements.
JasonP

Comments

• Visually these look very nice.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Some info on their website, but who can place their trust in that. ;)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I have finished up my evaluation on these. Nice drivers, definitely with car audio in mind. And that is not a bad thing. Simply that they took that as the priority. When used as intended, they are very good. Solid build, easy to work with. For home, I would use the ram1 tweeter as well for a broader sweet spot. I ended up with an lr4 acoustic crossover at 800. Solid phase tracking. Pricey yes, but I belive on part with many other drivers and some costing more. The woofer was particularly nice, articulate without sounding dry. The ram2 mid/tweet is really stellar in upper midrange.

I will be testing the ram 3 and ram1 soon. I tested a prototype of the ram1 earlier this year. great tweeters with an imp profile that is nearly flat almost like a ribbon or amt.