Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New GF180-4 two way project

2»

Comments

• @kenrhodes said:
    Great looking project! Are the PE TS parameters accurate enough for box modeling?

Yeah close enough. They sound way better than I expected, (in Bill Murray's voice [Carl]) "So they got that going for them, which is nice".

• So next you should whip up a TMM tower! =)

• edited December 2021

If I were building enclosures from scratch for this project they would be half an inch wider, 2 maybe 3 inches taller and probably 2 inches deeper to gain 10 more Hz of bass extention. That said... these bad boys rock!

• I see the price of these woofers has already gone up 10%

• They must raise the prices a buck with every good review or successful build.

• I honestly think they have peeps that monitor specific influential sites, and if the item is well received, the price increases.

YMMV

• @Kornbread said:
    I honestly think they have peeps that monitor specific influential sites, and if the item is well received, the price increases.

YMMV

+1

• Those GF180-4 drivers suck and I would only buy them if they cost $12 ;)

• @Kornbread said:
    I honestly think they have peeps that monitor specific influential sites, and if the item is well received, the price increases.

YMMV

It is very likely they have a mole or three. That GRS 12" subwoofer, for example. It is an unlikely coincidence that cost-per-unit exploded 50% justifying the $20 price increase shortly after initial release. It irritates me, but what are ya gonna do?

I have a signature.
  • I think this is a simple case of supply and demand. They are having a hard time keeping drivers in stock, shipping cost is going up... You also have more people at home building. We are also seeing the effects of inflation.
    I think the costs of goods across the board is going to go up and stay up. :#

• @PWRRYD said:
    I see the price of these woofers has already gone up 10%

I paid $32cdn each for mine - no price adjustments at Solen yet........

• edited January 2022

If I were running a business I would certainly do the same thing. Sell the first batch at “introductory pricing” with very low margins just to get the product out in the wild. In an online market the biggest sales tool is end-user reviews. As well with supply chain problems on pretty much everything these days it should be no surprise that prices increase as there is greater demand than there is stock available.

kenrhodes
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.