Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Some stuff for sale, help a brother out.

All are NIB

I have a pair of the MCM 8" paper cone woofers, the ones with 7.5mm Xmax. $60 shipped lower 48.

I still have a pair of fancy engineering samples courtesy of Thiel Audio/SB Acoustics. Looks like standard cast frame, aluminum cone, but the addition of a phase plug on top of the already low distortion SB motor probably makes this as low distortion as any other driver ever made. Includes engineering reports. Originally bought these from Rory from his time at Thiel. Interesting driver, not going to make any real bass but would make a killer large form factor midrange. I guess I'll take $75 shipped for these. Pics are somewhere else on this forum.

I have a trio of the Beston ribbons, the ones that are 4" square, wave guided, closed back. I'll ship these lower 48 for $50.

I am also entertaining offers on a pair of the Rival 8" Carbon Fiber woofers. I've decided my hunt for a high sensitivity midrange that meets not just performance but aesthetic requirements for use in a dual 8" tower is futile. If I just go with a single 8", the remaining 5.5" carbon fiber Rival pair I have will work perfectly. I do not need to sell these - but will entertain serious offers. I could keep them as spares, although I can't remember the last time I fried a driver accidentally so I usually don't worry about spares. These are pretty special and obviously very rare, so keep that in mind.

I am trying to decide what to do with a couple Dayton/Franklin APA150 I have sitting around NIB. I have a Dayton version that I use as the amplifier section in my test rig, and it works just fine for that. Maybe a little underpowered for high SPL distortion testing on 8 ohm systems unless bridged, but otherwise is actually a great test amp. They are just sitting there, I had illusions of using the three of them to make a fully active pair of 3-way speakers but to tell the truth I am insanely lazy and learning how to do active systems probably isn't going to happen. I can ship them for $100/ea to the lower 48. If you are currently using an AVR or anything class D to measure, these will work better due to form/style factor (smaller than AVR and no processing on-board) or topology (if you are still measuring using class D, stop it already!).

Open to trades, of course. I am looking for another Dayton 2.1 amp. I have a pair of the Tang Band 6.5" subwoofer drivers and only one of the Dayton 2.1 amps. PC sound systems are a very common request from my circle of friends/acquaintances. Although I no longer maintain an interest in building small desktop speakers for them, I have no problem cranking out a little subwoofer and steering them in the direction of any number of affordable 3-4" based speakers available these days.

I have one pair each of Rival 7" drivers, one in poly cone and one in aluminum cone. $100 shipped lower 48 for each pair.

I think that's it. Let me know, and I will get stuff together to ship. Some of it is already boxed up and ready to go.

I have a signature.

Comments

• edited January 2022

Dibs on the mcm 8". The 8" buyouts, right?

• @blue934 Maybe you can convince JR to let go of the 5.5" Rival CF drivers, I'll split the shipping with you and take the Thiel/SB drivers.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • @Kornbread said:
    Dibs on the mcm 8". The 8" buyouts, right?

They are still available at Newark for $39 each plus tax and shipping. So JR's is a heck of a deal!!!

• @dcibel said:
    @blue934 Maybe you can convince JR to let go of the 5.5" Rival CF drivers, I'll split the shipping with you and take the Thiel/SB drivers.

The 5.5" are not going to go, but one pair of 8" might be doable.

I have a signature.
  • @ jr$mac,

I'll take the APA150's off your hands shipped to 35973
    Are you offering all 3 units or just the 2 NIB units?

• @jr@mac said:

@dcibel said:
    @blue934 Maybe you can convince JR to let go of the 5.5" Rival CF drivers, I'll split the shipping with you and take the Thiel/SB drivers.

Sorry, I misread your post. You're keeping the CF drivers for a 3-way and getting rid of an extra pair of 8" drivers.

We'll see if blue934 is up for a pair of 8" CFs and I would split the shipping cost with him since he's nearby.

If not, I think I'll grab the SB/Thiel drivers just by themselves, because why not, as long as you're willing to work out a price with shipping to Canada. So like KB said, dibs ;)

• @Steve_Lee said:
    @ jr$mac,

The two new ones for $100/ea.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

@Steve_Lee said:
    @ jr$mac,

The two new ones for $100/ea.

Make it so.
    Payment instructions, please and I will send a shipping address.

• Amps sold.

I have a signature.
  • Dibs on the Poly Rivals.

• Man, Reid is always trying to get me to buy more drivers. He knows I'm an addict, it's shameful of him:)
    The 7" aluminum Rival, bare aluminum cone/dustcap? Black dustcap? Phaseplug? They made at least these three varieties that I know of.

• @blue934 said:
    Man, Reid is always trying to get me to buy more drivers. He knows I'm an addict, it's shameful of him:)
    The 7" aluminum Rival, bare aluminum cone/dustcap? Black dustcap? Phaseplug? They made at least these three varieties that I know of.

Cones are a very dark gray anodized, no phase-plug.

I have a signature.
  • @dcibel said:

@jr@mac said:

@dcibel said:

Sorry, I misread your post. You're keeping the CF drivers for a 3-way and getting rid of an extra pair of 8" drivers.

We'll see if blue934 is up for a pair of 8" CFs and I would split the shipping cost with him since he's nearby.

If not, I think I'll grab the SB/Thiel drivers just by themselves, because why not, as long as you're willing to work out a price with shipping to Canada. So like KB said, dibs ;)

I'll see what it would cost to Canada.

dcibel
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks, if Dave (blue) wants anything, we can lump it together in a single shipment.

• @dcibel said:
    Thanks, if Dave (blue) wants anything, we can lump it together in a single shipment.

👍

I have a signature.
  • Interested in the Bestons. If they are still available.

• @kenrhodes said:
    Interested in the Bestons. If they are still available.

They're yours.

I have a signature.
  • OK, ya'll bombarded me. I owe a quote to dcibel but this is going to take a me a day or three to get things packaged up and shipping labels made. Be patient, my friends.

I have a signature.
  • No rush, if it makes things simple, USPS international priority is usually the way to go. It may look more expensive than UPS, but UPS hides a hefty customs brokerage fee that they don't display in the shipping quote tool.

Nicholas_23

• This is what the alum cone Rival looks like.

rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:

This is what the alum cone Rival looks like.

Nice!

• No rush on my order. Take your time.

• @kenrhodes said:
    No rush on my order. Take your time.

I believe I do need your mailing address, sir.

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac Kornbread jumped on those MCM 8"ers before I was even awake Sunday but I haven't seen anything else posted since. Are they the ones he was interested in and SOLD? If not, I'll take them.

• Yes they are sold. The remaining item is the pair of Rival 7" aluminum cone.

I have a signature.
  • Everything will be going out tomorrow.

Still have the Rival 7" aluminum, and added a pair of Wavecor 30mm tweeters.

I have a signature.
  • I do have a couple other odds and ends. Ani gave me a pair of the Dayton 6.5" low-profile wide range woofers. These are intended as automotive mids, they do not model well as a woofer due to a highish Fs and a very low Qts, but they are reasonably sensitive in their intended passband, although they do not have a response friendly to passive systems. I had considered using them as a mid between the big Beston ribbons and the pair of CF Rival 8", but it just didn't pass the eye test. I have to really like looking at my stuff as well as listening to it. They have a very good motor, and are probably very low distortion. I have no idea what to ask for them, or if this is even the right crowd to advertise them to.

I have a pair of 6.5" Seas passive radiators from a very long time ago. Cast frame, what looks like a poly cone. There is a data sheet floating around for them. No idea what to offer these for since they were a gift. Shipping I suppose. They would probably work for most 4-5" drivers.

I have a signature.
  • Is that the LW5 woofer? Got a picture?

• @jr@mac said:
    Everything will be going out tomorrow.

Still have the Rival 7" aluminum, and added a pair of Wavecor 30mm tweeters.

Can you give some part numbers and condition concerning the Wavecore tweets, jr?