Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

High Quality Audio Streaming Services . . .

2»

Comments

• The Arylic unit looks pretty decent. I still have a Chromecast audio that works well with optical output. I think the cheapest plug and play streamer option these days might be the Dayton WBA31. I can't speak for how good the app is for it, but I wouldn't count on long term software support for it.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I have been using the Logitech Media Server for a long time.
    There are a lot of supported OS and it integrates to TIDAL using the mysqueezebox account.
    As player I use picoreplayer in raspberries and squeezelite in my linux server.
    Once you set the server, the picoreplayer is pretty much plug and play.

• @Tom_S said:
    Update - I never did get HifiBerryOS to work with the Tidal Connect patch. I just don't speak the language to follow all of the steps involved. The pi with Tidal connect using the Volumio premium trial sure sounds good. But...it spends most it's time stuck loading tracks. It was frustrating to no end, so I ordered an Arylic S50 Pro+ yesterday & it arrived earlier today! I have it feeding a SMSL Sanskrit 10th Anniversary DAC via the optical input. The 4Stream app is OK and the sound seems much improved compared to Spotify piped out of my laptop via USB. If I ever solve the issues with the pi, one the two will go into the shop system.

Interesting - that Arylic meets my price point for "high end" audio. Do you feel that the external SMLS Sanskrit is a higher quality DAC than the internal one in the Arylic?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I never had a chance to compare. The Arylic kept stuttering and freezing up with Tidal Connect, so I sent it back. I ended up with a Wiim Mini streamer for $90 that has Tidal Connect built in. Still piped over to the Sanskrit and seems to be working just fine. It feels kind of cheap, being plastic and all. But it seems to be doing the job.

• @Tom_S said:
    I never had a chance to compare. The Arylic kept stuttering and freezing up with Tidal Connect, so I sent it back. I ended up with a Wiim Mini streamer for $90 that has Tidal Connect built in. Still piped over to the Sanskrit and seems to be working just fine. It feels kind of cheap, being plastic and all. But it seems to be doing the job.

Thanks for the update!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited March 2022

Type these into Tidal and listen:

Chris Rea Texas:

Chris Rea Nothing to fear:

Same search criteria for You Tube Videos.
    (someone is changing the video content of the search results so I added the links above to maintain their timelessness).

Later,

Steve.

• edited March 2022

We can't talk politics here, but we can engage our minds through music/lyrics . . .

God bless us all.

Steve.

• @Steve_Lee said:

They just released a part 2 to the Tokyo Groove album 👍

Steve_Lee
  • Asian chicks make ALL the equipment look larger . . . =)

6thplanet
  • Some hi Q settings for those who may have overlooked them concerning TIDAL account:

Worth looking into . . .