Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Limited Edition Heil AMT W/coupon code... today only

'ILOVEESS' drops the large "limited model" down to $120.00 each. Limit two per customer

Comments

• Are those the ones you bought a few years ago? We should really figure out a project to use those, in.

I have a signature.
  • Im guessing they are similar , Im not sure what makes these limited other than they mention "This Limited Edition Heil AMT features different metal plates on the front and is slightly softer than the original"

• Damn it, you know I can't pass that up!

rjj45Nicholas_23
  • Can't get this coupon to work. "ILOVEESS discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart"

• "To celebrate our love of sound as clear as light, we are offering for today only, our Limited Edition Heil AMT for just $120 with our discount code 'ILOVEESS'. Make sure to use it at checkout for special pricing! Limited to 2 units per customer."

This is from the email I received this morning , Im not sure what else I can do to help. I think I they have an 800 number.

• Nick , did you you have any luck with the coupon code?

• No, it didn't work for me either. Saved from myself. LOL

6thplanet
  • Well shit guys , Im sorry . Though I was doing a community service . You can start throwing rotten tomatoes in , 3... 2... 1....

• Nah, let's just build something awesome with the pair you have!

I have a signature.
  • Probably for the best IMO, the company publishes zero useful data about them, no idea how they compare to other AMTs on the market. For all the people who have bought them over the past few years of recurring sales, very little glowing feedback either. I know I've certainly been tempted by them before, but nostalgia value is not enough to get me top part with that amount of money. $120 might be the lowest price we've seen though...

• Yeah the code did not work for me either but then I started thinking, what other tweeters could I spend $120 on? It's not a big list if you don't like Morel.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I bought a pair each of the 1 and 2 a few years ago when they had a big blow out sale. Still in their original shipping boxes, but one of these days I'm going to see how they pair up with a Beyma 10". At least that's the plan.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited February 2022

@jhollander said:
    Yeah the code did not work for me either but then I started thinking, what other tweeters could I spend $120 on? It's not a big list if you don't like Morel.

$120 is a bit of an odd price point for sure.

For ~$150 you can try the Bliesma t25a or t25s, or the new CSS LD25x. And have a very good idea of what you're getting into, and how you could use it. I've got a pair of t25a on the shelf and very much looking forward to using them.

Probably a better comparison - $100 and $180 gets you into the new Radian LT3 or LT6 horn-loaded planars, both of which you can see what you're getting into from reviewing Dickason's voice coil test results (PM me if you need them).

Mind you, I'm not sure if they have quite as low background noice, or are as well regarded by 'Credit Donkey'.

• I never make any audio related decisions without checking CreditDonkey first!

PWRRYDBrannigansLawrjj45
  • I feel like such an ass. =)

PWRRYDBrannigansLaw
  • Clicked the picture to read what it said and it went to imgur, what a warm and friendly place to visit. :#

• @kenrhodes said:
    Clicked the picture to read what it said and it went to imgur, what a warm and friendly place to visit. :#

Sorry Ken, wasn't my intention, and I certainly don't endorse anything else which may show up on imgur at any given time. Just where my screencap tool saves to by default. I replaced with the actual image uploaded to the MAC server

• I wasn't trying to call you out, and don't care who uses it. Sometimes it's great for pages of funny pet memes. This time when it loaded for me it was pure hate for anything contradictory of the posters opinions. Sometimes the internet is a scary place is all.

BrannigansLaw
  • @kenrhodes said:
    I wasn't trying to call you out, and don't care who uses it. Sometimes it's great for pages of funny pet memes. This time when it loaded for me it was pure hate for anything contradictory of the posters opinions. Sometimes the internet is a scary place is all.

Yup after you mentioned it I recalled I had similar experiences in the past - clicked through a link, and the top or most recent posts had been just vile. It's really a crapshoot at any given moment what is there. It's a good reminder for me actually, I'm in the habit of firing off quick grabs from it at work and should be less freewheeling with it.

• edited February 2022

Gotta tell ya guys, I am unimpressed with them. I have a set of the mid-sized Heils and they are the wonkiest things I've ever used. They're missing a lot. The clean release of a fingernail off a guitar string, the snap of a wooden drumstick on a ride cymbal...stuff you know is there in the music just doesn't appear through the Heil mid-size. I've worked with them for well over 18 months now and just can't figure them out. They have a terrible 9dB swing from 4-6k making them so frustrating. They've been measured and the swing is definitely there. The best way to mitigate the issue is to listen to them toed-out by about 15 degrees, but even that can't resolve the problem.

The plan was to build something worthy of their $150 price tag and take it to Iowa, but I simply won't - not the way they are. I had such high hopes too, as I remembered them from the late 70's as an aspirational speaker system. Knowing what I know now...I can't recommend them.

One last thing - I have the frd/zma files for the Large Unit too and that crazy swing is there as well.

BrannigansLawrjj45
  • That is very useful feedback Marty. I figured the FR would require a lot of shaping, at least from the few measurements I've seen on some klipsch forums. Optimistically, I thought they might just need DSP to hammer FR into line. Is the off-axis at least smooth roll-off from the on-axis FR? If being 15 deg off-axis makes a big difference to that 4-6k swing, I'm guessing not so much...

• Marty, thanks for taking one for the team.

PWRRYD