Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (9)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

The Batman: low-frequency embedded effects

edited May 2022 in DIY

Do you want to test out your new speakers (sans subwoofer) low-frequency reach > just watch the new Batman Movie. Thank you Dolby!

There are several scenes that really pump low, where the sound waves somehow transends the sound you hear. What I mean by that is you are watching a scene that builds in intensity, but it goes well beyond that- you get the impact -that somehow hits you in the gut, beyond its impact that you hear (if that makes any sense?). The almost sub-sonic frequencies are pumped and you get this ‘what was that’? The movie is dark, following the trend in the series (a far move from the Pow-Crash-Boom days), available on HBO max.

I was listening to my new build: beyma coax / DA RSS210HO paired with the RSS265-PR (Dolby 2+2 set-up; no center, no sub, ceiling surrounds Polk RC80i). And as the first impact scene hit I felt the coffee table vibrate and my wife asked if this would damage the stone fireplace- ha, success! High praise for an 8in woofer + 10in PR.

Long, but interesting: The Sound and Music of The Batman

joeybutts