Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ported tweeter

You heard it right.

A home brewed ported tweeter measured by Erin Hardison and his Klippel NFS.

Steve_Lee6thplanet

Comments

• Cool to see something new.

Billet
  • Now that is different and new. Easy enough to try on a DX25 too....

Billet
  • Yeah it looks like the TG59 that Erin’s holding,
    Try the ported boost on the beastly DX25BG60?

• The DX25 already has a tuned rear chamber. That is the purpose rear chambers more or less already serve.

I have a signature.
  • edited June 2022

JR have you watched the video?
    If it’s not a DX25 variant I don’t know what base tweeter he’s holding. Can you tell?

• This is an interesting idea. I'm not sure how well it would crossover due to the extra group delay. I would think that a transmission line might be a better idea to get more low end extension from a tweeter. I think many high end tweeter made today have a closed transmission line setup to help reduce the reflections bouncing back on the back side of the dome (creating interference). Maybe a combination of a open transmission line tweeter with a waveguide to extend the low end and control directivity is an idea to explore.

• Kartesian uses a helmholtz resonator. I’m not sure how much it extends the low end, but the idea is that the raised impedance in 1-2kHz range improves distortion and power handling in the low end of the tweeter spectrum.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.