Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tenacious 3

Finshed up the first of 3. Ill do a complete write-up "over there" in the fullness of rime, but figured it would make for a good bathroom read if its taking longer than expected and there is nothing better to do.

http://projectgallery.parts-express.com/speaker-projects/tenacious-3/

kennyk

Comments

• Nice work. 
    I have a signature.
  • Great job Mike! I wish I had the option of using the prefab cabs to cut down on time it took to finish each project.
  • Nice bang for the buck!
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Thanks guys  <3
  • Nice write-up and build. Did not know about the FRS5...looks funky with its two mount holes!
  • edited December 2016
    ani_101 said:
    Nice write-up and build. Did not know about the FRS5...looks funky with its two mount holes!
    Thanks,
       I like to stretch the field a bit and would say that both the FRS5 and FRS5x are exceptions to Visitons typical offerings. It is nice to find the diamonds in the rough. The thing is $11, the 5X both came in at 85dB measured sensitivity, flat response and low distortion... Is there really more you can ask from a driver? Copper, maybe, but in this instance a Zobel took care of the rising top end so there was no glare added that could effect the tweeter. 

I Actually think they are ment to be rear-mounted, but I am just too lazy to build that kind of speaker, so I made it work. Luckily with the handedness of the speaker, I was able to use their goofy looks as a bit of a feature. Thin, thin frame though....Gots to be gentile with these.
  • Nice build Mike.
  • Nice build sir. It's nice to see these . How many people would look at that mid and give it two thoughts . I haven't seen much done with the visiton drivers if at all

• Nice build sir. It's nice to see these . How many people would look at that mid and give it two thoughts . I haven't seen much done with the visiton drivers if at all

Thanks. 

I like trying new/different drivers.there are gems out there, its just a matter of finding them. it can be frustrating though and I either have more drivers shelved, or sent back than ones with the FRS5 type results. 

Visaton seems to be a good example of even a broken clock is right 2x/day. 

I am on a mission to find the second bit of correctness! 
  • Looks good Mike. Nice write up.

Thanks. 

I like trying new/different drivers.there are gems out there, its just a matter of finding them. it can be frustrating though and I either have more drivers shelved, or sent back than ones with the FRS5 type results. 

Visaton seems to be a good example of even a broken clock is right 2x/day. 

I am on a mission to find the second bit of correctness! 
    LOL , I like the clock analogy