Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Mobile Fidelity a fraud!

OMG, turns out that for many years, Mobile Fidelity $$$ LPs have been sourced from DSD digital files.

https://washingtonpost.com/music/2022/08/05/mofi-records-analog-digital-scandal/

If the paywall is a problem, I have attached a PDF of the article.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
Tagged:
dcibel

Comments

• I think I have a couple of the albums and paid a pretty penny.

• edited August 2022

They'll ensure consistent quality of reproduction using a digital source... ;) Of course, lying to your customers for the purpose of marketing is bad, and I'm sure a lot of people are feeling cheated, but that seems to be nothing new in the world of audio products. I do wonder though, if there will be customers of these LP's that may change their stance on the whole "digital isn't pure" malarkey, having enjoyed these digitally mastered records for years proclaiming to be the purity of analog holiness.

Last line is great: “These people who claim they have golden ears and can hear the difference between analog and digital, well, it turns out you couldn’t.”

Silver1omoBrannigansLawrjj45Steve_Leesquamishdroc
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.