Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Peerless 830656: I knew this was why I like it

I know this is a cheap shot and our translations of English to Mandarin are probably just as confusing, but this is from a Chinese speaker website:

"Ling Yun, equipped with a 5.25-inch cone coating woofer (Peerless 830 656) Do not underestimate this little speaker but it, SDS technology, said that this technology can be obtained in the small-caliber unit large dynamic high-fidelity sound. The actual audition and testing is indeed the case, the frequency response is very smooth, thick sound extremely resistant to listen, it is able to reflect the charm of the cone speaker that sticky feeling".

Geoff

Tagged:
Steve_Lee6thplanetrjj45

Comments

• edited October 2022

I really like this driver (used it several times)! Who can complain for the price? Sure... it would be great if it had some copper in the motor and a lighter cone. But then it would be a totally different driver and would probably cost three or four times as much.

• Sounds like they need to go directly into the dishwasher upon opening the package . . .

• I just like that it gives that sticky feeling.

PWRRYD
  • It is indeed a really nice driver, great value and looks nice: even if it is "resistant to listen"!

Geoff

Steve_Lee
  • Obviously "sticky feeling" is a translation issue, but I wonder what he actually meant?

• @Tom_S said:
    Obviously "sticky feeling" is a translation issue, but I wonder what he actually meant?

It's hard to know, if they did it with Google Translate I have no idea. 'Thick sound' could mean smooth (which it is); able to 'reflect the charm' might mean it has a pleasant 'paper cone sound' but who knows?

Translations and product names can be fraught with issues:here's the rest of the product description:

"The tweeter is our special whom with the development of an inch fiber membrane coating tweeter, the tweeter diaphragm is a very mysterious composite filament woven, and high temperature dipping treatment, high pressure water washing by molded into. This diaphragm high-frequency extension, low distortion, high band burr silky obvious sense, are very flat from 1.5Khz to 23Khz frequency response.

With excellent woofer and tweeter whom with a special developed, then you can get rid off complex crossover network, Ling Yun using a simple two-stage crossover network, we consistently use the core inductor MET divider is dedicated capacitance, no sense of high power resistors, integrated welding mode, specially tailored, oxygen-free copper cable to ensure perfect convergence of the signal. Backward before cabinet design with 18mm speaker dedicated high-density board, exterior logs Paper, the panel arc angle and pull trough Process, taking into account the panel mapping effect but also highlights the high-end fine".

As an example of interesting product naming, I attach a photo of a Chinese spanner which I got for 50c: it's hopeless; the metal is soft and it doesn't fit any nut that I have! I bought half a dozen as they made a great present for our garage and handyman friends.

Geoff

Steve_Lee