Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Desktop build: needs a name

Recently a good friend took a position at our church as a business manager. Unfortunately, the lights in his office are old school fluorescent that have that slight hum. Drives him crazy. He's a pretty musical guy and having something in the background beyond the hum is a necessity.
I have a few drivers sitting on the shelf but also wanted to try something new. So I asked Meniscus to send a pr of the SB10PGC21-4s to try out. Initially I was going to unfired them and built enclosures to do so. But the off axis above 8k or so is basically non existent. Adding in bsc just compounded this. They didn't sound "bad" but exceedingly mid forward. So I built new boxes (tiny suckers) of 1.2L (4.5w 5d 6.5h) of 1/2" bb ply. With fill, they have a very smooth bottom end roll off around 120hz. A cap of 80uf keeps the bottom end happy as well. They will be paired with a slightly tweaked version of Wolf's Biumph sub (TB W5-1138 and Dayton SD215PR) which has an Fb in the mid 30s. Amp will be an overkill Fosi unit via Amazon that is rated for 50wx2 and 100wx1. He will never see anywhere of that power but it otherwise fits the bill.

Comments