Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (9)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

vinyl film repair?

A friend of mine got a nice pair of JBL L890 towers, but the black vinyl is peeling off a bit.
Has anyone faced this kind of repair before? I've never dealt with the stuff.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
Tagged:

Comments

• I don’t have an answer to your question but I’m curious if you hear them what you think of them. I’ve wondered before if those sounded any good.

• @dynamo said:
    I don’t have an answer to your question but I’m curious if you hear them what you think of them. I’ve wondered before if those sounded any good.

My friend purchased 5 pairs from a bankruptcy, and says that they sound incredible - clear, great dynamics.
    And he has heard a number of vintage great speakers.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Nice. Thanks for sharing his opinion. They are one of those commercial speakers that have that look like they may be of entry level quality, and the super tweeter is unusual, but they have a legitimate crossover in them (all npe caps but a fairly substantial parts count for a consumer grade tower), which made me always think they were probably legit speakers. Never got to hear them though.