Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Paint a seos waveguide?

Hey all, I managed to pick up a pair of black seos 12 and dna360's locally for cheap. The thing is, the waveguide are not in flawless shape.

So, oh great Midwestern wise ones, Two questions: 1) Is there a way to prep and paint them without utterly ruining their performance? 2) Could I mount them and use bondo or some other filler to blend into a plywood cabinet and then finish the entire cabinet one color?

If not, or if it will be a hellish process, I will look at securing some nice grille cloth... a challenge on its own.

Best Answers

• Answer ✓

Krylon fusion bonds to plastic.

e6zionhifiside
  • edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Bondo won't adhere to them, you are better off having a seam. Maybe I should say, it won't adhere permanently.

hifisidee6zion
  • Lots of waveguides have been painted. In my experience plastic paints really well, a few THIN coats and your all done.

e6zion
  • edited February 2023 Answer ✓

If just scratches rather than gouges you might be able to get away with using a primer to fill them and gently sand it all back down. I doubt trying to do something seamless would work out... Probably crack not too long after due to dissimilar expansion of different materials. Only other way I could think might work would be to glue them into an ABS plate, then use an appropriate filler for the seam and sand it all back down. The whole plate would become the face of the baffle.

e6zion

Answers