Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

GRS 10SW-4HE 10" High Excursion Subwoofer 4 Ohm testing?

This is a new 10" woofer at PE that looks good spec wise and the price is right for an inexpensive project. Has anyone tested these to see if they're worth buying?

Thanks!

Jim

Comments

• The 12” is the only thing I’ve tried.

• Hi Brad,

Thanks for replying!

What did you think of the 12"? I'm looking for woofer rather than sub duty in a pair of cabinets one of my kids have. 10" should be close to a drop in.

Jim

• I just found a thread over at PE that published the in house tested specs of the 8", 10" and 15".

https://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1492928-new-grs-10sw-4he-10-high-excursion-subwoofer-4-ohm

10SW-4HE SPECS (292-818):

Impedance: 4 Ohm
    Re: 3.8 Ohms
    Le: 3 mH
    Fs: 25.2 Hz
    Qms: 4.00
    Qes: 0.57
    Qts: 0.50
    Mms: 110.7g
    Cms: 0.36 mm/N
    Sd: 346.4 cm3
    Vd: 379 cm3
    BL: 10.8 Tm
    Vas: 60.7 L
    Xmax: 11 mm
    VC Diameter: 50.8 mm
    SPL: 87.5 dB @ 2.83V
    Power Handling (AES426B): 200
    Usable Frequency Range (HZ): 26 - 500

I wonder how accurate this is?

Jim

• I run a pair of the 12" as dedicated subs in my basement, I love them. I wouldn't use them as woofers, though, they are pretty bad above 150hz. Not sure the 10" would work any better as a woofer.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • I’m with JR. Maybe someone else has use the others and they will chime in.

• Good advice! Thanks guys. The search continues for a reasonably priced 10" woofer.

Jim

• edited February 2023

Hi Jim!

Unfortunately the pickings are slim. I think the P830668, RS270 are two worth considering, in "best for the price" class.

I take it you've seen this?

https://www.justdiyit.com/grand-comparatif-de-10-pouces-partie-1/

For under $50 bucks, i can't think of anything, unless I jused want to fill a hole that has a broken driver..

best regards,
    Thanh

Steve_Lee
  • I was pretty happy with the Dayton SD270A-88. It was $40 when I used it, but $60 now...

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I am currently working on a project with the RS270P-4 woofer in 1.5 cubic ft. Really great bass and good sensitivity. It will play nicely as a woofer to about 1kHz.

• Has anyone measured and compared the RS270P directly to the RS270? Why would one opt for one over the other?

• edited February 2023

I only have experience with the 270p-8a, but will say the bass quality is nice. I wish it dug just a little deeper or does what it does in a smaller box but still decent. I’ve never bottomed one despite that being apparently a thing on the 225. They handle around rms thermal power to xmax.

I remember the good bass being a comment from one of the judges at mwaf on my project using them. I had a single p-8a with dual 10” rsa radiators in each speaker.

Unfortunately in 2023 prices on so many drivers is through the roof..

Steve_Leekenrhodes