Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

2-channel measurement system

Just add soundcard and ARTA

Behringer mixer w/phantom power for the Dayton mic. Includes PSU for mixer and all of the cables you should need. Keep in mind I was using a USB soundcard that has regular old RCA outputs. If you are using on-board sound, you will need additional cables.

Extreme closeup of mixer model number:

Extreme close-up of mic S/N, this was one that was calibrated after Dayton got called on their bullshit cal files when they first released their microphones. Just download cal file here: https://support.daytonaudio.com/MicrophoneCalibrationTool

Bonus is a LIMP jig, it uses 100 ohm resistance (I think) and utilizes the left channel on the input side of things. Ugly, but it works just fine.

Fancy red cable does not come with the kit, wife reminded me it does not actually belong to me and I had borrowed it from a friend years ago and should probably return it although every musician I know has miles of these things but whatever. The included cable is, I believe, a 25 footer so it should be adequate.

As I said, I used a soundcard with RCA outputs and recommend the Soundblaster XFi like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225456817784?epid=1138736794&hash=item347e460678:g:dPUAAOSwkDVkABQz&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsL0HmBsEiDYxGSpTGC6SJuzWD6fFEFgD6FEVMa1ZBD+R+QMBJs7s42P8v5ucokCE8SjIzr+X45Rtzls8C2x54Pcf9Ir4/daeRKhMaY8aNh7fQZBgzWJM5lNFja7IOchnzB7sAbW++kmx0iah725cDp6FKQSCs7CVNHDjaBE/YRxkVLYmM4VRjisb/YRn8J92lFGy1DS70S8XcJsnjioQl8E3bpkvL5mUbmcFkrlx+puv|tkp:Bk9SR4Lc79LUYQ

Only selling because I am tired of dicking around with it. I am aware of the benefits it offers over plain jane USB and will likely regret it someday but for now it the entire kit can be yours for $100 shipped to the lower 48. Paypal only. I usually ship stuff Friday afternoons or Saturday in the AM.

I have a signature.

Comments