Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New gift speakers given to me!

2»

Comments

• Are you still bringing them in a month or not? Your call...

• edited March 2023

I certainly am willing to if there is enough interest. But if they are only going to play for 10 or so minutes on Friday night when few people are really listening then no. I bought a number of large drivers from Charlie so that extra room in my sedan would be helpful. That said, they would make a nice comparison to all the "modern" theme projects that are also 2 ways with at least an 8" woofer. Someone else needs to make the call and shout out "Please bring them Craig, I want to hear them".

• Isn't that cabinet about the right volume for the Peerless 8" HDS?

• @PWRRYD said:
    "Please bring them Craig, I want to hear

I'll say it. We will play them first on Sat. They can be our base listen. And we can play them on Friday too

• edited March 2023

Ok thanks. I will bring them. How about we play with them for just a little bit on Friday (with BSC filter vs w/o, with the notch vs w/o) then decide what's best to present on Sat? So on Sat just the 3 min theme track so we don't waste too much prime time?

• Hope I get to hear them. Seems like there are always a few I don't get to hear.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • When are you getting there John? JR and I should be there around 2 on Friday.

• @jhollander said:
    Hope I get to hear them. Seems like there are always a few I don't get to hear.

I will make sure you hear them John! And Craig, that sounds like an excellent plan.

• Craig we usually get there around 3.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails