Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

FOR SALE: FOUR Dayton UM12-22 subwoofers, pair of 2cuft MDF cabs

I need to thin down some items before a big move and would like to find these items a new home.

On offer are four Dayton UM12-22 subs. These have seen little use, two of them almost none at all. I have original MFG packaging. Located near Lansing MI and local pickup preferred. Also I can bring them to InDIYana and turn them over to the buyer in person.

I would also like to sell a pair of 2cuft MDF cabs that I used with one pair of these drivers. Cabs are built and have good quality binding posts installed but are unfinished, only panel edges were trimmed to flush.

Pricing:
UM12-22 : Retails is $215 each, asking $100 each or all four for $350.
Cabinets: $50 each or if you buy all four UM12-22 you can have them for free.

Bring some thump into your life!

Comments

• Man oh man, what a deal! I did a lot of modeling of the UM12-22 for a recent project, and they will put out a whole lot of slam. GLWS!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Geez this is great deal!! Any one running through Lansing headed to the east coast?????

rjj45
  • ugh I have one already. If I get more I'm pretty sure the wife would murder me in my sleep.

• Damn, would be easy enough to get them Sioux Falls via Indy>Iowa

I have a signature.
  • Long haul to TX...

• BTW I also have bunch of smaller drivers to sell at a steep discount. I will probably offer any leftovers for free at inDIYana (maybe in a raffle type thing). Most NIB or tested briefly, etc. I will start a new thread with details in a few days time.

• The most surprising part of this thread was that Charlie used cabinets. LoL.
    I'm about an hour away so this is really tempting. Someone please buy these.

PWRRYDWolf
  • My wife would kill me. Wonderful deal though!

• FYI I have compiled a list of drivers that I wish to sell in addition to the four UM12-22s. In total it comes to over 120 drivers, with most having seen very little use or none at all. I can probably post all the info tomorrow so check back for a new thread on the sunject. I would love to re-home these drivers at steep discounts to attendees of inDIYana to save the hassle of packing and shipping that many!

• May I ask where you are moving to?

• @charlielaub said:
    I can probably post all the info tomorrow so check back for a new thread on the sunject. I would love to re-home these drivers at steep discounts to attendees of inDIYana to save the hassle of packing and shipping that many!

I am NOT looking forward to this - I hope they all suck! Living in Grand Rapids and taking my daughter back and forth to MSU almost every weekend may make some good discounted drivers too tempting to pass up.

PWRRYDrjj45
  • SUBWOOFERS ARE NOW SOLD !!!

jr@maca4eaudiojoeybuttsSteve_Leerjj45
  • edited March 2023

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY drivers, most of which have seen very little use or none at all?! <3

I have about 12 unused drivers, all of which will be going into use. My spouse asked me to promise to give them away or sell as they are taking up too much space. I said "But we need music in every room!? And I don't have a surround sound system (yet)"

I thought I had to join Audiobuilders Anonymous...maybe moving every 1-2 years is a good problem to have; as I simply can't acquire that many drivers... :3

rjj45
  • Ill be in Indy, and Id be curious what all you are bringing.

I have a signature.
  • I hope to be bringing a car full of drivers! We'll see if I have any room leftover for a speaker project....

• The pair of 2cuft subwoofer cabs and binding post hardware are still available...

Cabs were purchased from PE and built by me:
    https://www.parts-express.com/Knock-Down-MDF-2.0-ft-Subwoofer-Cabinet-for-Da-300-7081?quantity=1
    I used these binding posts and plate. Looks really nice:
    https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-BPP-NI-Premium-Binding-Post-Pair-Nickel-091-622?quantity=1
    https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SBPP-SI-Binding-Post-Plate-Silver-Anodized-091-600?quantity=1
    I used two of the subs in these cabs last year at the PE SDC.