Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Power amps for sale

edited March 2023 in Classifieds

As part of my cleanout efforts I am thinning my herd of amplifiers. Mostly this is because I will be moving to the EU and most of these amps cannot be used there on 230VAC mains. I have always bought lots of channels of amplification for multichannel active speaker projects, and at this point I have way more than I need. I would be thrilled to arrange for local pickup but am happy to ship as well. I you know someone who would be interested please do not hesitate to share these listings. Any questions or photo requests, just ask. You can also contact me by email at: charles_f_laub at yahoo dot com. Here is a list of what I have on offer:

NHT A1 - A 1U mono amp that is similar to the Outlaw Audio 2200 and delivers about 300W into 4 Ohms. Balanced input, auto-on. Great for a sub amp. These are used but in good working condition. I have two of these for sale. $150 each.

Behringer KM1700 - These are brand NIB, never even opened. The real truth about these amps is that they will deliver 100W@8 Ohms with about 6dB headroom. Can be bridged. They have a nice, understated look. With yet another one (in addition to the four NIB) I replaced the fans with "silent" computer fans and the result is barely audible in a very quiet room. It's an easy mod. These have balanced inputs, switchable gain, and level controls on each channel. I have four NIB to offer. Asking $175 each.

Adcom GFA-7400 - These 5-channel amps deliver 100WPC @ 8Ohms, 150WPC @ 4 Ohms, all channels driven. Great Nelson Pass design. RCA inputs. I have two. Both are used but in great cosmetic and working condition. Asking $350 each.

Parasound HCA-806 - A six-channel John Curl designed amp with class-A input stage and high-current output stage. Uses a 1.2 kVA Power Transformer and 90,000 uF total capacitance in the power supply. Rated at 80WPC at 8 Ohms, 120WPC at 4 Ohms with all channels driven. I just replaced the output relays as the old ones had developed oxidized contacts. A very nice looking amp in good condition with a couple of minor marks on the front. RCA inputs and level controls. Two pairs of channels can be bridged to give two bridged channels 2x 240W@ 8 Ohms. Makes a nice amp for a pair of speakers and pair of 8R subs for example. Asking $400.

Rotel RKB-D8100 - I purchased this amp new about 3 years ago. This has 8 channels of Hypex UcD180lp amp modules in a compact chassis (120WPC@8R, 180WPC@4R) and is a much better option than e.g. the Emotiva UPA or BasX A series. I used this for the "baffle less-ness" loudspeaker project I brought to PE's SDC last year that is now dismantled. The amp was always used in an open air shelf type rack. Inputs include 8 RCA inputs and 8 Toslink S/PDIF inputs (one of each on each channel). This means you could send digital audio to the amp directly from a digital interface such as the RME Digiface USB. It's a very cool feature. Outputs are 5-way binding posts and there is both 12V turn-on Trigger and auto-on (signal sensing on/off) support. Two extremely low-noise fans cool the amp modules. It's essentially silent. Each module is single ended so any two modules can be bridged for more power using an external bridging adapter. The amp is working perfectly, cosmetically excellent and overall in like new condition. Asking $650 but willing to consider offers.

kenrhodesSteve_Leerjj45Tieftoener

Comments

• Pm sent on the RKB-D8100

• Dang, snooze ya lose. I'll take the Rotel if e6zion decides not to.

• edited March 2023

Here are some pics of the Parasound HCA-806 to wet your whistle...

This links to the product page at Parasound. Note there is a mistake in the bridged power listed, which should be 240W into 8 Ohms.
    https://parasound.com/vintage/hca806a.php

Also, to clarify on the channels, there are six single ended channels and OF THESE two PAIRS can be bridged into mono. So you can use the amp as:
    6x 120W,
    4x 120W + 1x 240W, or
    2x 120W + 2x 240W.

e6zion
  • Dangit that thing looks perfect for going active without all the clutter. I buy too much for "some day" as-is. must resist.

rjj45charlielaubugly_wooferSteve_Lee
  • edited March 2023

Charlie, what’s your preferred Dsp solution/brand that you used with these amps?

• I do all my DSP on small fanless Linux computers run by e.g. Celeron N4100, J4125, N5105, etc. I wrote my own DSP routines and use the platform Gstreamer to make it all happen. But the best software right now is CamillaDSP. It runs on multiple OSes and is very powerful and flexible. A long time ago I used miniDSP but found could get better performance and have more DSP flexibility via software. In addition to the computer one needs an audio interface, and there are a number of options based on how many I/O channels you need. I usually recommend the Behringer UMC1820 because it has decent audio performance both with balanced and single ended and works great under Linux (I use Ubuntu). You get 10 analog output channels, digital I/O, and lots of inputs. You can use it like a preamp if you set up your software to change which inputs are active. I do that with a couple of my systems.

Colonel7a4eaudioSteve_LeesilverDTieftoenerrjj45
  • CamillaDSP looks great, if you have a raspberry pi 3 or 4 laying around, Moode has CamillaDSP preloaded, so, a rather turn key solution and if you have an AVR you should be able to use HDMI out from the raspberry to the AVR and have DAC/Amp channels in the same box.

Steve_Lee6thplanetsilverDrjj45
  • If you are able to pick up the HCA-806 in person from me sometime (or at InDIYana?) feel free to make me an offer. I would really prefer not to ship this beast.

• The Parasound HCA-806 is now sold. Thanks!

• @charlielaub said:
    The Parasound HCA-806 is now sold. Thanks!

Whew, just saved me $400! Been sitting on my hands this whole time.

charlielaubSteve_Leerjj45
  • LOL me too Dan!

Steve_LeeDanP
  • edited March 2023

The 8-channels Rotel amp is sold, and now the 6-channel Parasound is sold as well. If five channels is enough for your needs, allow me to tempt you with the Adcom GFA-7400. I have two to sell - plenty to go around! :) Nelson Pass design that sounds good. Specs below:

• I just reread and missed the part where you're moving to the EU. Where to and why?

• My wife and I are moving to Germany to take care of her parents as they get older. We are moving into a house right next door to them.

jr@macugly_wooferSilver1omo6thplanetjhollanderSteve_LeePWRRYDDanPkenrhodese6zionand 1 other.
  • That's awesome you two are able to do that, Charlie.

I have a signature.
  • Exciting move and for a great reason Charlie. Germany (and Denmark) seem to have a lot of DIY activity. Time to get a subscription to Klang and Ton magazine.

e6zionrjj45
  • @Ed_Perkins said:
    Exciting move and for a great reason Charlie. Germany (and Denmark) seem to have a lot of DIY activity. Time to get a subscription to Klang and Ton magazine.

Let’s keep it clean in here Ed.😉

ugly_wooferSteve_Leerjj45
  • @charlielaub said:
    My wife and I are moving to Germany to take care of her parents as they get older. We are moving into a house right next door to them.

That's awesome - congrats!

charlielaub
  • Bump... I still have two Adcom GFA-7400 that need re-homing. If we can do a handover in person or at the InDIYana event, I could go as low as $300 each... Specs are in a pic above.

• A couple of months on, now I am back at home and I still would like to sell the pair of Adcom GFA-7400. 5 Channels of 100W at 8Ohm. Next stop Ebay. Just thought I would re-up the offer here one last time.