Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

NP: Believer - Gabriel (CD album)....

We haven't seen a NP thread in a while, so why not?

Believer is a thrash band from around 1986 to 1993 or so. They reformed back in 2009 and put this masterpiece together. I also ordered the latest, Transhuman. I don't much care for Kurt Bachman's actual singing voice, but his yowl is okay for their typical music style. What I find really good is the instrumentation of the guitar runs and other instrumental work here. It's a good listen for some headbanging or not.

FWIW, I also have the original pressings of Extraction from Mortality, Sanity Obscure, and Dimensions on REX Records. That was the home for a lot of my favorite music back in college.

So- whatcha spinning, or streaming?

Comments

• A lot of Peter Gabriel lately. Some very well produced music.

Steve_Lee
  • Funny you say that, I was spinning Hits and Misses just a couple days ago.

• POD greatest hits, Motley Crue Theatre of Pain

• I've seen POD about 4 times, have their autograph on Brown. Set up for their Warriors EP show in FT Wayne.

kenrhodes
  • Wagner Reloaded by Apocalyptica

• At work I pick a band that I have a playlist for and listen to it all day. Monday is always Maiden Monday. Today was The Atomic Bitchwax. Man I hope to see theses guys live someday.
    This album is what started it all for me...

• Nothing in particular, been listening to a lot of different stuff tinkering with the O'Ryans.

I have a signature.
  • Recently signed up for Tidal and I'm listening to a lot of whatever it throws up.

• ^ that's what I do and from whatever it throws up that is exceptionally well recorded and doesn't get on my nerves I assign to a playlist of my choosing.

• Newer for me is Bonerama, Diplomats of Solid Sound, and Too Many Zooz

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • @Ron_E said:
    Recently signed up for Tidal and I'm listening to a lot of whatever it throws up.

I love that you get a daily mix. Some days offerings are better than others, but it's been pulling up pretty interesting stuff lately.

Steve_Lee
  • Have I reached maximum hipster yet?

kenrhodes