Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (3)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

The Tuxedo T-shirts

edited April 2023 in DIY

"Because it says like.. I wana be formal, but I'm here to party too."

Tweeter - P.audio PHT-409 (B52 buyouts still available on ebay)
Woofer - Dayton PA200-8

So these were built in 2021 before I realy started posting much on the forums. Still playing around on my own with only a mic to test and an old version of WinISD beta. These were kindof a more "for fun" lazy build. Not bothering to recess anything, just cut holes and slap the drivers on. Still aspiring for the old school PA/Klipschy style. I was initially going for a bookshelf version of a KG3.5 before figuring out the 1.4khz crossover just wasn't going to happen. I bumped it up to about 3khz and it sounded much better.

Kinda cringy to look back at the measurements now, but they are still fun to rock out with since they load up my living room down below 40hz. I actually used them as my main TV/music speakers for a year, cabinets unfinished with the crossovers soldered but just thrown in the bottom. Only recently decided to glue the crossovers down and do a quick finish on the cabs. Hosed down with water based polyurethane. I Masked off the front and hit the rest with underbody coating. Just finished reassembling them this evening.

kenrhodeshifiside6thplanetjr@macjhollanderSteve_Leesquamishdroc

Comments