Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Inductor Cores: air vs powdered iron vs laminated iron vs toroidal iron

2»

Comments

• Decibel is correct, I honestly didn't even think about it. I just put the meter on it. My fault

• edited May 2023

Regarding the negative capacitance, the top answer in this link is helpful for understanding what your meter is telling you
    https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/611003/what-does-negative-capacitance-mean
    Other answers are also informative.
    And last but not least, hi from München

6thplanet
  • Made the move, ehh? I hope you get sick of seeing Porsches and enjoy Oktoberfest🤘🏼

• Have not moved yet. Just visiting for a few weeks of R&R in the mountains and to see the inlaws

jr@macSilver1omo6thplanet
  • Stuttgart and Nürburg are bucket list destinations.

• Heck, München was great when we visited.

• Erse used to have some videos online showing some of their inductors over various power levels and measured distortion. All of it is very low but there were clear differences between them. Air core was the best for distortion and their SuperQ showed the next best of the non-air core styles. The SuperQ also has extremely low DCR compared to all other inductors I've used. You can get them in 15 awg for reasonable prices in big values.

rjj45
  • Where do common folk buy Erse components these days?

I have a signature.