Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

14k for a pair ....

and what looks like some DIY available drivers . Looks like the low end is of the RS flavor and the mid looks like a TB to me. I do like the cabinets.

https://altaspeakers.com/adam/

hifiside

Comments

• *Extended Transmission Line—Alta Audio’s proprietary technology that applies sonic geometry to tune speaker cabinets as if they are musical instruments, delivering an accurate, fast, and powerful low frequency response.

lol

hifiside6thplanetrjj45
    I have a signature.
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    ... I do like the cabinets.

I was ready to make a joke after reading JR's comment but then clicked the link...I saved a screenshot of these and their bookshelf speakers a few months ago because I really liked that shape and mocked it up in Sketchup for a translam build.

• They weren’t memorable.

Nicholas_23
  • Nice cabs for sure.

• Pretty cabs for sure. I'd like to see ASR measure these, but trust y'alls ears to tell the truth.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I thought they were decent, but it was just a quick listen.

Nicholas_23
  • I've heard Alta reference speakers on one of the NYC audio shows. They were not great. I think impedance drops to around 1 ohm and they were driven by large tube amps. After playing demo music, foil on one of the Raal tweeters was visible deformed. I suspect bad crossover design and poor choice of amplification. They sounded harsh.

BrannigansLaw