Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

FS: 4x Rival R176-CPC-08

edited June 2023 in Classifieds

So I have four of these currently in my MTM mains (with the Seas 27TFFC) and they are a dream, but keeping them means I'm not building speakers so they have to go! -> https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/1012/for-sale-r176-cpc-08#latest

I'll put the price at a steal of 100$ for all 4, plus the most affordable shipping option I can find (unless you want to pay more for faster shipment).

Usually I use paypal ftw, and PM me on this forum (or email) if interested.

They need a good home, they are very nice woofers IMO. I'm only selling them to motivate me to make the next build.
UPDATE: SOLD

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
jr@macrjj45Steve_Lee

Comments

• YOu got mail.

• Also sent you mail. Glenn

• These drivers should sound very similar to the R176-CP-08 drivers I used in my MTM's that were demo'd in Indy. I was extremely pleased with how well those Rival midwoofers performed. And Jason's selling price is insanely low. If I didn't already have shelves full of drivers....

Steve_Leerjj45
  • @PWRRYD said:
    These drivers should sound very similar to the R176-CP-08 drivers I used in my MTM's that were demo'd in Indy. I was extremely pleased with how well those Rival midwoofers performed. And Jason's selling price is insanely low. If I didn't already have shelves full of drivers....

Having built a small tower MTM MLTL with R176s, I agree with you on everything.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Sold.

Drummer
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Now I have to figure out how to get enough free time to use some of the drivers sitting on the shelf.

• Kornbread, you got a fantastic deal! Congrats, and I hope that you make something awesome with them. I was hoping that you might decide not to get them, but I'm glad to see that you did! Glenn.

• This new job has me working more ot than ever, and that's put a stop to a lot of fun things. Thinking of mating either these, or another set of rivals, to a wavecor tweeter.

Drummer
  • @Kornbread said:
    This new job has me working more ot than ever, and that's put a stop to a lot of fun things. Thinking of mating either these, or another set of rivals, to a wavecor tweeter.

I built some MTM towers like that in late 2021 with a wavecor. Awesome sound, deep, authoritative, and clear.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • I think you will really like those Rival woofers Kornbread!

• WOW! What a deal!

• edited July 2023

@Gowa said:
    WOW! What a deal!

I always try and pay deals back, and you my brother, gave so many. It's a shame rival isn't dominating the diy market right now, IMO.

ugly_wooferrjj45
  • @JasonP said:

@Gowa said:
    WOW! What a deal!

I always try and pay deals back, and you my brother, gave so many. It's a shame rival isn't dominating the diy market right now, IMO.

Thanks, I gave it my best shot.

Steve_Lee