Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Weird Speaker $hit

Wonder if anything like this could be refined to the performance level of Hill's plasma tweeter?

Even Nelson Pass played around with the idea of massless sound reproduction ... and suffered ozone poisoning.

... and of course a demo of Tesla's wireless energy transmission

Comments

• OK, that's pretty cool. I know people have been experimenting with similar setups over the years but this is the best I've seen (heard?).

I have a signature.
  • I have a signature.
  • edited July 2023

Franzoli has the coils arranged similar to a multi-way cone n dome speaker, aka drivers dedicated to certain freq ranges. Guess it's difficult for them to produce bass, but in one of his demos there is a huge, maybe 6', coil in the back handling bass.

Had a musical tesla coil on the bucket list for quite a while ... https://zeusaphone.com/zfx-160/ but I think Franzoli has better processing and sound quality.

• I thought there was a company that produced a plasma super tweeter for a while.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    I thought there was a company that produced a plasma super tweeter for a while.

I think there were more than one on the market.