Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Want a new listening perspective? . . .

Sit in front of your latest speaker creation and pinch the center portion of your ears between the index finger and thumb, and lift them up slightly opening the ear canal in alignment with the sound source.

This is how kids and women hear everything guys mutter under their breath . . . now - do you EQ this out or just live with it?

=)

Drummer

Comments

• Use the volume control to treat it like distortion, and get them to -50db! Prepare to duck and run...
    Glenn

Steve_Lee
  • I have noticed I get a drastic improvement in my hearing if I place a finger behind the outer edges of my ears and move them forward very slightly. 1/8” makes a big difference.

Steve_Lee
  • Effectively does the same thing - it aligns the ear canal with the audio source and the mids and highs just pop.

• edited July 2023

Maybe people at Indy, Grand Rapids, or Iowa have seen me slowly turn my head from side to side when critically listening to speakers. Helps me pick out things I think I'm hearing. YMMV

Steve_Lee
  • Oh, I thought that was a nervous tick. =)

Steve_LeehifisideWolf