Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Jeff Bagby RS180 MTM with Piano Gloss Cabinet for Sale

edited September 2023 in Classifieds

Some thinning the herd, this time it’s a pair of Jeff Bagby RS180 MTM speakers in beautiful promo flops black cabinets. Nice thing about these cabinets is they have a removable baffle, so you could always make these a multipurpose speaker, the cabinets have 1.0 cubic feet in them or 28 liters.
These are in great shape and one woofer is brand new, magnetic grills included. I can ship them anywhere in the US for $800 OBO, plug them in and play. The cabinets are in great shape with no visible damage.
Info on the design and measurements are here, really nice sounding speakers with great bass and nice sensitivity: https://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/42977-my-rs180-mtm-design

hifisidetajaneskenrhodesSteve_Leejr@macGeoffMillarrjj45

Comments

• Those look great! I always wanted to hear a pair as I bet they sound really nice.

JavadS
  • Beautiful job, love the mirror finish!

Geoff

• edited September 2023

I believe that is Jeff's pair, or at least one he put together. How can I tell? It's the original RS28A, with no flat spot on the grille. That particular tweeter is from the first order PE made of them, and possibly still has Ferrofluid as the initial buy did. The plastic phase shield discs were hard to place in the exact place every time during manufacture, so the flat spots were added on the following order of tweeters, and likely also the change by Usher to no longer include the FF. Those cabinets were everywhere around that time, came glossy, and were easy to use. Rick sold a good many finished speakers in those PE BREX cabinets too.

Wow, has time flown....

Steve_Leerjj45JavadSjhollander