Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Drivers for sale in Iowa

edited October 2023 in DIY

Here are the drivers I plan to hump to DIY Iowa this year. Make me a reasonable offer and I will put your name on them. All like new, some barely used, some never even mounted:

(2) Peerless Exclusive 830883
(4) Rival Accoustic R176-CP-8
(2) Dayton Audio RS100P-8
(2) Tang Band W5-2143
(2) Dayton Audio GF180-4
(2) Wavecor TW030WA08 tweeters mounted in custom waveguides

kenrhodes

Comments

• Eclipse woofers are spoken for.

• Any existing mtm designs built around the Rival woofs? Glenn

• Yes, two that I know of. I brought one to Indy this past Spring. I received some very positive comments there. rjj45 built a MLTL project with a pair.

• Do you have a link, please? I searched and only came up with references to the drivers, but not the specific project. Thanks. Glenn

• Thanks! Glenn

• Also for sale a pair of Wavecor TW030WA08 tweeters mounted in custom waveguides. The waveguides are 6.875" in diameter and 0.875" deep. Some of you heard these in my Rival MTM project in Indy this past Spring.

jr@macSteve_Leejhollander
  • 830869 8" - How much?

• Hi Howard. How does $100 for both sound? They are in near perfect condition. I only mounted them once just to take measurements. The only tiny thing is that I moved them around on my shelf a few times and scratched up the stickers on the back plate. I was going to use them as open baffle mids in a project so I removed those scratched up stickers. Obviously zero affect on performance and that would never be seen if used in a traditional sealed or ported project. Here is a pic:

• I'd snag those in a heartbeat if I were going to the meet. If nobody wants them, we'll work something out.

• I am definitely going to Indy 2024. If Howard or anyone else doesn't want them then they are yours.

• Howard I can shelp them back to STL if you buy.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Good price. I thought they were 8 inch. I will pass. Thank you. I just got an order from Madisound today.

• He has some 8" HDS listed too, Howard, just not Exclusives. They are not in the list of drivers nor pictured, but in the text after the list.

• edited October 2023

830883's looking at you Erick

• I was thinking they were eights too! I'll take them anyway if nobody ends up on them.

• We may need a second room for all of our 4-sale items. Any good auctioneers (no reserver) in the group?

• I wasn't dreaming. How much for the 830869 8"? Sorry for the confusion.

• I have a pair of Peerless 830883s for sale that nobody has bit on. So, if mine do not sell and yours does not sell in Iowa, I may be interested in your pair as well. I may as well have 2 pair if I can't sell mine.

• @Drummer said:
    Thanks! Glenn

You will NOT be disappointed in a Rival 176 MTM. Wowzer. Beats the pants off of Dayton RS180 woofers.

Steve_Lee
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Interested in the Fountek 3.5 tweeters. Shouldn't cost too much to ship. I'm in New Mexico...

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Fountek's spoken for.

• @rjj45 said:

@Drummer said:
    Thanks! Glenn

You will NOT be disappointed in a Rival 176 MTM. Wowzer. Beats the pants off of Dayton RS180 woofers.

I couldn't agree more. The RS180 is world class, but only from 100 to 1000 Hz. Everywhere else, the Rival is the obvious choice.

Steve_Lee
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Peerless 830869 are spoken for. I'll edit the list in the first post.