Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Wall of shame pt. 2 - driver hoards

edited October 2023 in Related

Driver hoard:

Radioshack museum:

I sold over 40 drivers this summer on Fleabay to make some room. I'll probably come back with more than I left with after Iowa, though. Oh well. Can't resist a deal on interesting drivers.

I have a signature.
tajanestktranrjj45

Comments

• I've been collecting drivers that I'm going to use. I should have been doing it like this- like collecting records. Try it... like I might like it.

All this time, I've been doing it all wrong! :o

• @tktran said:
    I've been collecting drivers that I'm going to use. I should have been doing it like this- like collecting records. Try it... like I might like it.

All this time, I've been doing it all wrong! :o

Best laid plans and all that. I do have active plans for quite a few of them, but have to make some room for new builds first. My wife is very patient and understanding (as quite a few DIYerswho have met her will attest) but even she has her limits on how much space she is willing to give to my hobby.

All but two of the active plans are bookshelves, so that's no big deal. I do have two towers planned, however and storing those becomes somewhat problematic.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 2023

My knowledge would grow in fits and spirts, usually out of sync with driver purchases. I'd buy drivers for a next-up project but, before I get to it, I learn why a specific driver or driver combo won't work like I was thinking. Fortunately I've been able to repurpose a decent amount of that stuff. Others are for "maybe" pie-in-the-sky type things; like big buyout woofers in case I ever want to experiment with OB whenever I finish up the house renovations and have a little more space.

Right now it sucks seeing so many things I'd like to try go NLA.

• That's only part of the collection of shame.

e6zionJasonP
  • Someone is way too organized! Is that like a driver vault or something?

6thplanete6zion
  • Mostly unused kitchenette in the basement. When I got divorced, it became driver storage. =)

jr@macJasonP
  • Before I met my future wife I use to keep my M/T Drag slicks in my living room and my motorcycle was in my basement torn apart multiple times.

jr@mac
  • @PWRRYD said:
    Before I met my future wife I use to keep my M/T Drag slicks in my living room and my motorcycle was in my basement torn apart multiple times.

With a little glass they (tires) can make nice end tables

• They certainly can! I've had a couple of friends buy a used race tire (NHRA and NASCAR) back when we went to the races as spectators. They made nice beer... I mean coffee tables. Especially when you could see the car's number and other details written with a paint pen. They do take a while to gas off.

• Should I be ashamed because of the size of mine? My driver hoard that is....

Only 12 strong and 6 of them are slated for my next project :)

• No, be afraid. It only gets worse from here.

I'd stack up just the ones I have stashed in various spots in the living room, but then the wife would start asking questions.

• For shame!!!!!! Lol. I'm just a jackass who's a sucker for a good deal.

• Sadly I don't have a listening room, but hopefully will by the end of next summer.

tajanesJasonPrjj45
  • I have too many of those "good deals" too!

• Add one more stack like David's, and make sure they are full, and you have my shelves...

• I feel so inadequate. I only have a few drivers.

Steve_Lee
  • edited October 2023

@Mikeg said:
    I feel so inadequate. I only have a few drivers.

Clear off a couple of shelves in your basement, come to Iowa, and bring a truck. Lots of drivers 4-sale at BIG discounts... B)

jr@mac
  • It’s not how many drivers you have it’s how you use them> @Mikeg said:

I feel so inadequate. I only have a few drivers.

tajanesMikegSteve_Lee6thplanetkenrhodesjr@macPWRRYDJasonP
  • You don't realize how much you have until you put it all in one place.

jr@macugly_wooferhifisidePWRRYDWolf6thplanet
  • That's why I store my drivers in multiple rooms lol

a4eaudioSteve_LeeWolf6thplanetJasonP
  • worse part is forgetting what you have

Steve_LeeWolfjhollanderJasonPrjj45
  • @Nicholas_23 said:
    worse part is forgetting what you have

I don't have that problem any more. I go and look at the hoard every day. Keeps me humble.

hifisideSteve_LeesilverD
    I have a signature.
  • I sold more than 200 drivers on eBay this summer, still doesn’t look like I sold anything.

jr@macSteve_LeesilverDWolfrjj45
  • @silverD said:
    You don't realize how much you have until you put it all in one place.

Is that a C16?

• You know it!

• I spent many hours playing a C64 running Dig Dug, PacMan, and Donkey Kong. It was my cousins...

• See, he said C16 and I was like, I don't see a 5 gallon barrel of race gas?

ugly_wooferjr@mac
  • edited October 2023

Me too

6thplanetjr@mac
  • @DaveFred said:

@silverD said:
    You don't realize how much you have until you put it all in one place.

Is that a C16?

That is why I built driver shelves in my basement - it limits what I can keep on hand at any one time. That and the wife has officially put the kibosh on my DIY spending. Whoops.

jholtzsilverDrjj45
    I have a signature.