Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Madisound Peerless kit vs. my version

I noticed a LEAP design kit on sale at Madisound that uses the same drivers as some budget monitor speakers I built 12 years ago. Mine are .26 Cu Ft ported. That's basically the alternate alignment they suggest. I even used the same Goldwood port. I'm curious about the differences in LP filters. Less inductance and more capacitance with a resistor to damp it a bit.

My version -

Comments

• Mad should not be offering that kit, it is a poorly thought out crossover.

I have a signature.
  • edited October 2023

Dumpster fire with their 5 dB BBC dip. And I bet there's some pretty bad tweeter distortion at 1.5 kHz.

• Have you tried combining the Madisound crossover with your measurements in your sim? I suspect their graphs are based on infinite baffle driver measurements.

Steve_Lee
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • You are probably right. I'll have to play around with that and see how they compare. I still don't like the look of that rise in the tweeter response.

I know they used IB measurements when I had them design a crossover for me ages ago using a Silver Flute 6.5" and SEAS buyout tweeter. I didn't know any better at the time and didn't ask for full BSC. I must have said I just wanted a flat response. They sound a little lean out away from the wall, but still pretty smooth.