Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dayton Audio SIG180-4 6.5” Signature Series Woofer

Doesn't look very good to me. What do you think?

Comments

• 1.8% THD is about -35dB. Any guess as to drive level? Or what's over on the left hand below 100hz?

• Hard to glean any information from that chart without measurement conditions. If it was at SPL of 86dB/1m - not great, if it was 96dB/1m - maybe pretty ok. SIG150 and SIG120 look a lot better through the midrange, 3-way would be the best way to go with SIG drivers.

Dirk
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Yeah, on closer look, the spike at 850Hz and 3.5K is 3rd order. Hard pass for me.

Steve_Lee
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • We'll see when I get some plots done of my pair...

Steve_LeeDirk
  • I have a pair sitting here I might do something with. Based on the above, might end up a small 3-way. I have a pair of the neo 2" HiVi mids. I currently lack any tweeters, but the GRS Fountek knockoff would be ideal. That or the HiVi planar. I don't memorize model numbers.

I have a signature.
  • Yep, that's the one.

I have a signature.
  • If I do this, it will be late winter/early spring as I have one active projects and two in queue. I am intrigued by it however.

I have a signature.