Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Wavecor

What’s the reason I don’t see many used in DIY projects. The specs seem to be good?

Comments

• edited November 2023

DIYers are cheap. Visually they're a bit vanilla too. I've used several, they're excellent, and have a good collection on the shelves for future projects.

I think the CSS kits are fairly popular DIY projects, both the LDW7 and LD22 are Wavecor OEMs.

Steve_LeeDanPhifisiderjj45
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Retail cost on a lot of their drivers put them in very tough competition brackets and with no hype, I think the price turns a lot of DIYers away. Some of their drivers are amazing though. I've actually got a quad of SW223s I can't wait to do somwthing with. Distortion measurements look very attractive.

hifiside
  • I've a pair of 4.5" woven cones pairing with the Beastmode for shallow slopes. Haven't finished it yet.
    I have the TW045 ceramidomes pending in the Anomalies.

That's all I've had of them.

• Okay, so I was out of the game for a while. WTF is a Beastmode

• Peerless DX25BG60 double magnet coined by JR as Beastmode tweeter.

Dirk
  • Undifferentiated. High price.

• The wavecor 30mm tweeter with semi horn load lists for 99 dollars, drops to 28.67 with a commercial account

Silver1omosilverDSteve_Lee
  • As does most premium product in any category. Wavecor manufacturing and QC is top notch, many of their drivers are a good value when compaired to other drivers with matching quality.

JasonPrjj45
  • We’ll see what the prices are when it comes back in stock on 12/13/23 for some stuff. I was just figuring to buy bulk of Wavecor and selling it on my site at a substantial discount to up my traffic.

rjj45jr@macSilver1omoPWRRYDkenrhodessilverDani_101Steve_LeeJasonPjhollanderand 1 other.
  • Thanks as always for everyone’s input.

• @hifiside said:
    We’ll see what the prices are when it comes back in stock on 12/13/23 for some stuff. I was just figuring to buy bulk of Wavecor and selling it on my site at a substantial discount to up my traffic.

That would be awesome

• ^ I agree! I have always wanted to try some of their [Wavecore] products but at twice the price of others I just couldn't justify the added expense.

• @hifiside said:
    We’ll see what the prices are when it comes back in stock on 12/13/23 for some stuff. I was just figuring to buy bulk of Wavecor and selling it on my site at a substantial discount to up my traffic.

You may need to find a workaround to do this unless Wavecor has changed their resale policy. They generally mandate a minimum retail cost for their stock drivers.

• edited November 2023

@DanP said:

@hifiside said:

You may need to find a workaround to do this unless Wavecor has changed their resale policy. They generally mandate a minimum retail cost for their stock drivers.

I remember when the courts upheld that for Pioneer MSRP in 1971 or so. A real "eff-you" to the consumer.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @DanP said:

@hifiside said:

I’m already on top of that. 👍

Steve_LeejhollanderDanP
  • I’m sure when the new stuff gets in stock, the percentages won’t be there like they were before so it’ll probably be a no go anyway.

• @hifiside said:

Which site?

• edited November 2023

@Gowa said:

@hifiside said:

Which site?

Julefidelity.net
    https://www.jfcomponents.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=wix_google_business_profile&utm_campaign=12844009167628436793