Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

DakotaDIY 2024

edited November 2023 in DIY

Preliminary planning stages for a possible DakotaDIY 2024 and putting out feelers for interest and potential dates.

Tentatively it would be more of a "hangout" at my place Friday night, followed by the event proper on Saturday. I will smoke a pork shoulder and have some side dishes ready, that kind of thing. We can rotate speakers in and out down in my basement and enjoy our bar.

I will likely be limiting attendance somewhat lower than IowaDIY to maintain that "feel" of DakotaDIY, so if this goes down there will be a registration and a headcount cutoff. I have not decided what that will be, but in the ballpark of 30-35 all-in.

I have at least one potential venue in my sights, but it does not allow alcohol and we are all adults and many of us enjoy a few beers while these things go on. I will be shopping around, however.

Anyways, still early and still time to plan but this city does fill up during the summer months so the sooner I can book a venue and block off some rooms the better.

May 31st - June 1st, June 7th - June 8th, or June 14th - June 15th. Fair warning, if we choose the June 7th-8th option that is my birthday weekend so that Saturday night might involve a bunch of us headed to our favorite watering hole.

I have a signature.
Silver1omoJasonPNicholas_23

Comments